Want to play our demo of DaemonClaw, our current game project?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • We've been working on this game for a couple of years using Construct 3.

We'd love your feedback so we can make sure DaemonClaw is as fun as possible.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Email mailcnk@bitbeamcannon.com with the subject "Test DaemonClaw" and we'll tell you how to play the game.

• Looks fantastic! If I may offer a small bit of criticism of something that stood out to me as I watched the video:

The vertical scrolling is a bit jarring as the character constantly jumps very high. If there was a midpoint between the ground and the character that handled the vertical scrolling that would look more pleasing to the eye, IMO.

I'm not sure if there is variable jump height but looking through the video it doesn't seem like there is. That would go a long way in my book, especially since the game seems to lean heavily on player expression, it's a good idea to let them control the jump height.

• Thanks for the feedback. In DaemonClaw there is a normal jump and a high jump. I'd say for the purposes of this video the high jump is shown more often (to capture some visceral moments). The flow of an entire level isn't quite as jarring as you go along.

This was inspired by Black Belt, in that you have to use the special high jump to gather power-ups.

We considered having a hold-button sort of variable jump height in the beginning, but found it didn't lend itself as well to this game's action (and is better for more platforming). But, since this is the first major public test outside a small handful of people, this type of feedback is exactly what we're looking for from those who try it out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi everyone. We're happy to announce that as of Sunday June 5th 2022 the next update build of the demo is up, so for those who had gained access to the demo, the next time you log into the original URL you were provided, please press Control+F5 to make your browser refresh the page to make sure you are playing the new version. Cheers!

We've made lots of improvements based on player feedback including:

-HUD update

-Camera tweaks (including the motion of it)

-Addressing gameplay issues

-General bug fixing

-A few extra visual enhancements

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)