Metro Cop (Virtua Cop demake)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) with city and factory theme to build 2D video games
  • Metro Cop is a game I made for the 2018 Demake Jam and is a version of Virtua Cop as it might have looked on the Sega Master System.

You can play it here:

helpcomputer.itch.io/metro-cop

• Impressive. Did you make/recreate all the graphics by hand or ran them through a filter of some sort?

It looks very authentic as well. Small things. Like how the splash screen 'resets'.

• Impressive. Did you make/recreate all the graphics by hand or ran them through a filter of some sort?

It looks very authentic as well. Small things. Like how the splash screen 'resets'.

Thanks! I drew all the graphics in Aseprite, some I copied the design of the original and some I had to redesign to fit.

• Just played it, brilliant work! Plays really nice and looks top notch.

:)

• Just played it, brilliant work! Plays really nice and looks top notch.

:)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

• Very nice! We still have the old light guns, Virtua Cop disc and Sega Saturn in our lab at work - this definitely scratched an itch! The sight on the enemies with the countdown triangles was spot on.

I started out shooting 'offscreen' to reload, whoops.

Next up House of the Dead?

• Very nice! We still have the old light guns, Virtua Cop disc and Sega Saturn in our lab at work - this definitely scratched an itch! The sight on the enemies with the countdown triangles was spot on.

I started out shooting 'offscreen' to reload, whoops.

Next up House of the Dead?

You have Virtua Cop at work?? I wish...

House of the Dead would be cool, but I'll finish other projects or make a full version of VC before that.

• Sounds good, I will watch for the full version. (I worked at Sega in the past, so Virtua Cop is running on a development version of the Saturn - the disc door sensor is flakey, so we have to keep a paperweight on it so it works, of course, that paperweight happens to be an old Xbox :) ) We also use the Saturn to play 8 player Bomber Man, the best version of Bomber Man ever made.

• Mikal-quote: "I worked at Sega in the past, so Virtua Cop is running on a development version of the Saturn (...)"

hello Mikal, what did you do at Sega?

PS: I forgot to mention how I also like this game (and the classic version of it).

• mumu64 - I mainly worked on designing the development systems for some of the game consoles and then jumped into leading one version of the 'next gen' game console designs, good times...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • helpcomputer0

congratulations on getting into the new edition of Retro Gamer Magazine with this game

• helpcomputer0

congratulations on getting into the new edition of Retro Gamer Magazine with this game

Thanks! It was pretty cool!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)