Latency

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Hi guys. So, I made a game and I would like some feedback. It only has one level at the moment, but depending on the feedback I could make more.

Here is a link to the game, it's called Latency:

https://latencygame.netlify.com/

When you are done playing, could I also ask you to fill in this survey, if it is not too much trouble?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O6osyvKm5cePxZvULi9B_u9Oq9HBHiN24r-7PX4Be5U

Thank you so much everyone.

• It was difficult, but fun!

I really suggest you replace the text box with spritefont, it will look and work much better, as I told you in another post. Also, since this is supposed to be an old terminal, you shouldn't be able to select text, use copy/paste etc.

• It was difficult, but fun!

I really suggest you replace the text box with spritefont, it will look and work much better, as I told you in another post. Also, since this is supposed to be an old terminal, you shouldn't be able to select text, use copy/paste etc.

Thanks! Yeah the text box is kind of a placeholder. It also doesn't warp well with the bulge effect. I mainly used it because I really like that font. Once I manage to replicate it into a spritefont I will change it, because I find the default spritefont kind of ugly...

• I loved your game. Let me say that again. I LOVE your game.

The basic mechanic is very good, the concept is awesome. I love the aesthetics too, very appropriate and accurate.

I agree with dop2000 that there are some interface problems, but they're definitely easy to solve. I disagree in terms of difficulty, since I found it quite easy. But I understand in a full game you would gradually increase the difficulty.

Overall, it's a very cool game and I'd definitely play it. There is some improvement needed to make it a viable product. I could help you on private if you want, since I'm a professional game designer with around 15 years in the industry and I might have some valuable tips to share.

Well done!

Cheers!

• I loved your game. Let me say that again. I LOVE your game.

The basic mechanic is very good, the concept is awesome. I love the aesthetics too, very appropriate and accurate.

I agree with dop2000 that there are some interface problems, but they're definitely easy to solve. I disagree in terms of difficulty, since I found it quite easy. But I understand in a full game you would gradually increase the difficulty.

Overall, it's a very cool game and I'd definitely play it. There is some improvement needed to make it a viable product. I could help you on private if you want, since I'm a professional game designer with around 15 years in the industry and I might have some valuable tips to share.

Well done!

Cheers!

Hi

I would love some tips. I have limited time to work on the game, but this is the best prototype I've managed to make so far, so I would like to finish it. Please feel free to add me on Discord: PSyCHoHaMSTeRza#9687

• Done.

• Nice concept and style. I can imagine adding more commands and needed actions on more complicated levels. I also _wonder_ if having an 'up' arrow for older commands would feel good or if it's better to type out each command every time.

Option for more 'advanced' players or more complicated levels to allow multiple commands on one line with ',' representing a fixed delay? e.g. north,,,,east,,north,,,south Just some thoughts, looking forward to the next iteration.

• Nice concept and style. I can imagine adding more commands and needed actions on more complicated levels. I also _wonder_ if having an 'up' arrow for older commands would feel good or if it's better to type out each command every time.

Option for more 'advanced' players or more complicated levels to allow multiple commands on one line with ',' representing a fixed delay? e.g. north,,,,east,,north,,,south Just some thoughts, looking forward to the next iteration.

Hi

Yeah I also think that I might add more commands, such as manipulators for the speed, or perhaps even a "pick up" command.

Regarding the up arrow thing, I'm not sure I will do that. I want to elicit that slight feeling of panic when a player approaches a wall and misspells a command. That's one of the reasons I didn't abbreviate the commands (N, S, E, W, for example).

Multiple commands might come in later, perhaps as a separate game mode, but not part of the main game.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi everyone.

The new and improved demo is out. It now supports save games, has some visual improvements and the first part of the story.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/your-construct-creations-9/latency-demo-out-148281

• I like your concept a lot, I have a similar theme of the static going on as well in a project im working on. I played the previous version cuz somehow couldnt find how to play the updated one when i down loaded it. Anyways,I will be honest, this game is not for me . You have to have patience and good timing in order for you to command the drone and I don't got either of them FOR NOW with this game lol. But I see where your going with this and it's really good , so I can see it really working out and being a full playable game. Hopefully, you did made the text clickable besides type-able cuz that would be more better than typing it out to play. But anyways, love it. Simple, good plot, and interesting to play. I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)