Lair of the Leviathan. Solo developed rpg.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Explore and retrieve all Magical Books from the hidden Orc's Lair.
  • Last year I started work on a crpg inspired by the rpgs of the 80s/90s. I still love these games but there are some serious flaws by modern standards especially when it comes to the ui and controls so I wanted to make something that addressed these but still kept that core old nostalgic feeling.

I was surprised that it was possible to make something like this as often it's the preconception Construct is only suitable for prototypes or simple games. I have found this is not the case at all. Some things are tricky, especially with database related stuff or anything dialogue related but overall no problems.

Give me a wishlist on steam if you are interested in old school rpgs and wished there was something similar.

store.steampowered.com/app/2752020/Lair_Of_The_Leviathan

Tagged:

• I have been working on a town upgrade system. As you complete quests in the main hub the town will slowly grow unlocking more quests, npcs and upgrades.

• Curse of the Azure bonds was one of my favorites. Your work looks very good--keep us posted.

yours

winkr7

• It took forever to work out how these stupid giphy links work. I wish we could just upload normal gifs.

• Over the past week I have been working on a new battle system.

• This is great.

yours

winkr7

• This week I have been working on the first area of the world map. I have been putting it off for months. It was still painful and time consuming but it feels good to get it done. The game world is finally starting to come together.

• Wow! Did you do all the art?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is coming along well. Looking forward to an alpha.

yours

winkr7

• Yes, I'm a totally solo dev. The only thing I haven't done are sound effects and music.

Hopefully a demo ready by the middle of the year!

• This week I have been working on a waystation system. Waystations exist throughout the world where you can restock on supplies, find rumours and information on local areas and potential new quests and also function as a fast travel to other discovered areas.

• This week I have been going over some of my player sprites making them more readable. So far the feedback has been the new sprites are far better but the extra colour and detail means a lot more work animating unfortunately.

Along with that I have been adding animations and objects like clouds and birds to my world map.

• Looks great!

• Lately I have been updating some of the battle backgrounds as well as the ui. This is how the current battle screen is looking.

• Fantastic

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)