Erdluitl - Legends of Below [RTS DUNGEON KEEPER]

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
10 isometric and animated Strategy Game Buildings in two Colors.
  • Erdluitl

Legends of Below

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Erdluitl is a dungeon keeper clone, with RTS, RPG and roguelike elements. Previously existing as prototype project named "Monsters", made for testing RTS application and for my small cousins and my friends to play, it is now revived years later as a real game.

Since then the game has been improved and optimized in many ways and is now available in its most stable and recent version as a demo. It is presented here for a while for testing until the release of the full paid version that will include the entire campaign storyline, multiplayer mode and unlocked features.

• Dungeon keeper simulation
    • Dig rooms and mine resources and find treasures
    • Build workplaces and produce weapons
    • Grow food, maintain population and attract new creatures
    • Special creatures, skills, spells, traps
    • Infiltration, diplomacy and treason
    • Various gameplay and tactics
    • Storyline Campaign
    • Singleplayer against AI
    • Multiplayer with AI support

Come and try the demo on Itch.io here :

https://nabu.itch.io/erdluitl

Link to the topic about previous version of the game

(migrated from C2 to C3)

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/your-construct-creations-23/monsters-rts-dungeon-keeper-141843

• Congrats on the release. Will give it a shot later today.

5 years for the release. That's a lot. I also made over two dozens of prototypes since I started using construct in 2007, and several years ago stated playing with c2 3d plugins, but only now, for a bout 6month things started falling in to place, so I completely get it.

I think you should use ai to draw your sprites at higher fidelity to get better graphics, because your idea, judging from the shots, is very very cool and you should take it further.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just posted a 40 minutes gameplay video for people to have a clear look at the core game. It is a small succesfull playthrough against one computer AI, that tried to assassinate me before being crushed by a last raid.

Hope you'll like it.

• Just posted a 40 minutes gameplay video for people to have a clear look at the core game. It is a small succesfull playthrough against one computer AI, that tried to assassinate me before being crushed by a last raid.

Hope you'll like it.

I've played it, but after few minutes win11 shut the program and removed the exe!

• Yes, it may happen sometimes as Windows Defender or other antivirus triggers false positive. You have to set an exception in the settings. It's very random and may happen on some builds and some machine without any visible reason.

• This is the first trailer for Erdluitl, any feedback or suggestion is welcome.

• This is the first trailer for Erdluitl, any feedback or suggestion is welcome.

9+Cool man. If you are asking for trailer suggestions and feedback, I think I'd put text 10% of the screen from the top, sliding in and out, using same crt effect. Would also use slightly easier to read font. Would also experiment with adding some effects to the font: gradient, shadow, outline, to make it stick out bit more.

Next, some of the shots that are more static could be shorter.

Would use a bit of vignetting to focus on what's important in the current shot.

But overall it's cool, I like the music and the editing. Game has atmosphere, although as I said, you could refine the art style. For example the brownish ground colour seams a bit too saturated, maybe even a slightly different shade would be better, because it distracts from the characters and you want characters to be grabbing the attention first. With colour it's like this : the brighter or darker it gets, the more desaturated it becomes, exponentially.

But looking at the trailer again, I think I know where the main issue lies: environment tiles are too sharp looking. You could either lower the contrast of the whole image. Or by making the outlines of shapes slightly brighter you will get smoother result. Or by adding a bit of blur to the background. But start with using the contrast FX and lower it in 10% increments. Once it feels smoother. Then you can add saturation fx to layout, or to your characters and increase that. Increasing saturation also increases contrast, but from slightly shifted colour values.

Last thing you could add to your characters is drop shadow, or some sort of shading, to glue them better to the ground. Overall some lights would add a lot to the atmoshpere.

As you see, because I wrote so much, your project does inspire. GL

• Thank you megatronx for your constructive answer and useful advices. I will surely tweak a demo very soon with changes based on what you pointed.

Today I released the full version of Erdluitl on Itch.io and posted a small development log.

https://nabu.itch.io/erdluitl/devlog/668365/full-version-and-update-12

This version was mainly for stress testing (singleplayer and multiplayer), stability, some value adjustments and bug fixes. By "stress testing" I thought of the ability of the engine to handle bottleneck situations, but I also discovered that it can cover user interactions. In fact, some players will press buttons in ways you wouldn't expect and cause bugs the dev didn't imagine (like pressing a thousand time on two buttons before action complete, to see what happens...).

The first campaign has also been completed and tested.

Come and try the game !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)