[C3] Post screenshots of what you're working on!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • I'm a Birdie on both Android and iOS! https://lumicreative.com/games/im-a-birdie.html

• I'm a Birdie on both Android and iOS! https://lumicreative.com/games/im-a-birdie.html

Lumicreative.com

Wow, your games are looking great!!:) I'll try them tonight on my iPad. Especially Ruff, birdie and Zombie Bash. ;)

Can I ask you if you are working on them alone?

...and if you manage to include MobileAdvert on iOS without any problems?

I'm finalizing my simple game from a year ago (in html 5), took me 1 month to port it to Construct 3 (from 2) and add all the iOS-based stuff to it. ...but I'm stuck on MobileAdvert making my game crash on startup. :/ I can't believe I work a whole month on my game to get stuck on this very final step (all the step on App Store Connect are completed, tests on Test Flight etc).

• DavidA13 Thanks so much and for trying out my games!

I did work on all of them alone and was able to get MobileAdvert working on iOS without any problems. I haven't had any crash issues with iOS. Do you have any 3rd party plugins that could be causing this issue?

• DavidA13 It's likely the crash with the Mobile Advert is caused by having a missing or incorrect application identifier in the plugin properties. The Admob SDK will force your application to crash if the value is incorrect ( for some reason ). Take a look at the Mobile Advert documentation it has instructions on how to find your application ID, as well as what it should look like.

• DavidA13 Thanks so much and for trying out my games!

I did work on all of them alone and was able to get MobileAdvert working on iOS without any problems. I haven't had any crash issues with iOS. Do you have any 3rd party plugins that could be causing this issue?

Lumicreative.com

I was out of time yesterday but be sure I'll give your games a try, we must support us indie Construct devs. ;)

I'm not using any 3rd party plugins. :/

I don't know what to check since I can't debug anything at runtime (it crash right on startup). :(

• DavidA13 It's likely the crash with the Mobile Advert is caused by having a missing or incorrect application identifier in the plugin properties. The Admob SDK will force your application to crash if the value is incorrect ( for some reason ). Take a look at the Mobile Advert documentation it has instructions on how to find your application ID, as well as what it should look like.

Nepeo

Big thanks for the answer Nepeo, I did check my 3 IDs in the Mobile Advert properties a few times and even rechecked them a few minutes ago. :/ ...and I did follow the manual entry for the whole configuration. I'm a little lost. :(

Can I ask you a few questions here?

1. The publisher ID is the same than the part in the "iOS Application ID" (and Android) AFTER the "ca-app-" and BEFORE the "~" right...? I'm asking this since I'm using the AdMob site in french so I want to be sure I took the correct info wich is named "Référence éditeur : pub-86......" and not "Publisher ID" in the french version of Admob.

2. Also, is it normal that my game do NOT crash when "test mode" is checked in the plugin but do crash when it's unchecked?

2. And lasty, I'm testing my game with TEST FLIGHT, can you confirm that the game can be tested with "test mode" unchecked via TEST FLIGHT? ...I know I must be careful to not click the ads there and not show them too much.

I have a working PP url and I have selected custom providers in the "Blocking controls"/"EU USER CONSENT" on AdMob with just 1 provider (Google).

It's really sad that I can't use "is configured" or "config failed" to get a precise error message since the game crash right on startup... :(

Thanks in advance for the help... I'm a little desperate right now...

• DavidA13 If your not crashing in test mode then it's not caused by the application ID. There have been a couple of reports of crashes on iOS when test mode is disabled since the last stable release, I need to look into it. We did make some changes around test mode in iOS recently, so it might be a bug on our part. If there does turn out to be an issue I can probably update it without us needing to do a Construct release.

Yes the application ID will include your publisher ID, translating keyword terms like that can be very confusing for users unfortunately. I don't know if Admob has any particular rules against test flight, just that you should avoid looking at your own adverts. I would generally advise to only use test mode, and then briefly checking if the adverts work on your local device before publishing a release.

• Nepeo

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply!

Appreciate the answer about the application ID not being the cause of it since it's work in test mode.

Do you have an "estimated" ETA on this MobileAdvert iOS "test mode" bug...? :) I know it's not fun to be pushed so I just want to know if it's something that can be done in a few days or more like a few weeks...? Just for info.

Thanks for the reply about looking at the ads myself, just looking it briefly (1 time to see if it display correctly) in the final build before the actual release was my plan, thanks for confirming.

Again, thank you for your time.

Sorry for using this thread briefly (congrats again to the OP), I opened an official bug report yesterday.

• Hi Guys, Im working on an arcade style game with only one screen but i need some game ideas.

Should I release a working demo heres a picture of the start screen!

• Nepeo:

Just a small update and the last one about this in this topic.

The iOS MobielAdvert "test mode" bug si now resolved, build-server side. I don't know if you are colse to "shortercode" on GitHub or even the same person but I did want to let you know here, to not make you lose your time. :)

I'm really happy it was fixed and that I'm not sending my very first iOS app for review!! :)

• Hi Guys, Im working on an arcade style game with only one screen but i need some game ideas.

Should I release a working demo heres a picture of the start screen!

LaurenceBedford

A working demo would be fun, but I can already say I like the look of it.

I'm not always a fan of retro/pixel games but I fully understand why us indie devs would choose this way (less when it's big devs on consoles with remake of old game still using the same sprites for '80s-'90s), but really, there is something I really dig about your character design! :)

• > Hi Guys, Im working on an arcade style game with only one screen but i need some game ideas.

> Should I release a working demo heres a picture of the start screen!

LaurenceBedford

A working demo would be fun, but I can already say I like the look of it.

I'm not always a fan of retro/pixel games but I fully understand why us indie devs would choose this way (less when it's big devs on consoles with remake of old game still using the same sprites for '80s-'90s), but really, there is something I really dig about your character design! :)

Thank you Im glad you like the look of it! here is a working demo see what you think! silly-liskov-6df97f.netlify.com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Estou Desenvolvendo, deixe sua opinião edjair.itch.io/super-sleeper-demo

• Be careful with those backgrounds, Nintendo isn´t exactly known to take those things lightly, and I instantly recognized them from SMW.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)