I'm currently in the process of making a fully customisable Stealth/NoStealth platform shooter - without using any external effects/plugins. making it fully commented and Documented.
it is built on top of this Platformer Template I previously made for C2 & C3, that template had the following that work;
- Gamepad/Keyboard Controls
- Function based input system
- Juicy (Squash & Stretch | Angle Wiggle)
- Toggle-able Abilities -Wall Sliding and Wall Jumping)
- Organised and reuseable
- Standard Smooth Camera
- Easily adjustable variables & self-contained
- USES NO 3rd PARTY PLUGINS/ADDONS
with this project I intend include to the following types of features;
(This will be updated as the project gets bigger.)
- Wall Climbing
- Ledge Grabs
- Grabbing & Throwing Items
- Ladder Climbing
- Camera Modes - Default Mode, Director Mode, Free Camera Mode
- Director Object - Update the camera settings when player is overlapping
- Camera Director Settings - Follows Player?, Lock X/Y, X & Y Speed, Camera Angle (+ speed), Zoom Scale (+ Speed),
- Default Mode - Follows the player normally using default settings.
- Free Camera Mode - This would be used to do extra things with the camera e.g cutscenes
Gun System - Configuration
- Weapon Name -able to give a weapon a unique name to use for other things.
- is Automatic - if it is single shots or shoots repeatedly
- Per Shot Interval -time between each shot allowed by the weapon.
- Bullets per Shot - number of bullets spawned when player shoots e.g shotgun releasing 3 bullets
- Bullet Spread - random angle amount added to the bullets. this will be used for scaling inaccuracy.
- Bullet Type - what kind of predesigned bullet it spawns.
- Ammo Capacity - How much ammo the weapon is holding.
- Push Strength - Vector speed applied to AI/Player in the opposite direction of the gun, after shooting a bullet.
Artificial Intelligence System
- Friendly / Aggressive mode -
- Target chasing
- Pick up and throw weapons/items
- Adjustable Line of sight settings - these will be used to trigger AI actions.
- Show Hitboxes
- System Text Info
- Player Text Info
- Drag objects in debug view
- Minimise and maximise debug windows
- Drag Debug Text windows
- AI State Indicators
- AI visible view cones
(will be updating the topic as with gifs)
I'm interested in the uses other contruct users would have for it & what things that they'd like implemented that I could add into the project but this will depend on the support I receive.
If you want to support the project, support me on patreon for as low as $1 & get access to other projects and get access to more projects
You can also follow the project by following the post to get notified of updates.