Super Ubie Island 2 devlog (Xbox Series X!)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Green island themed set of tiles for your platformer game.
  • Starting to get the animations in-engine

• update on the fish boss level. Going to move onto something else for now. Probably work on Honey Bee's new lair

• Introducing Honey Bee's daughters... Which one is your fave?

In Ubie Island 1 you had to find her missing children. I felt in order to bring more characters into the sequel, I'd make her children unique (Kim, Dee, Mora, and Rita). Forgive her for constantly losing her bebe kids...

Whenever you find one of her daughters (possibly sons later), she'll award you with a key. Honey Bee will also give ubie an UBee suit which'll let him fly around for a bit.

Don't ask me how I'm coming up with this stuff....

• Kim best bee daughter

• Super Ubie Island 1 didn't have powerups. I really want to change that for part 2.

Here are a couple powerup ideas that I have for him. Sonic influences are huge here

• That looks really cool man keep it up, I love the contrast you put in all your Graphics making all your characters and player stand up from the background so they don't get lost in the background which is really important, all the graphics look clean and have beautiful colors making them very pleasant to look at, like the water level.

I really like your style, congrats and all the best with your Game

• That looks really cool man keep it up, I love the contrast you put in all your Graphics making all your characters and player stand up from the background so they don't get lost in the background which is really important, all the graphics look clean and have beautiful colors making them very pleasant to look at, like the water level.

I really like your style, congrats and all the best with your Game

Thanks a ton, really means a lot to me.

After working on Ubie Island 1 and a few other smaller games, I've learned a lot and hope to make the sequel miles above what I've created before. I'm writing notes and drawing out ideas in a sketchbook, and really digging into the planning. It's been helping a lot more with the flow of development and really let's me get a glimpse of what the game is before i implement anything in a build.

thanks for reaching out and checking out the project

• Your art book is a real inspiration, I don't have talents in that area, so I really appreciate when folks show off their process and sketches. It would be a good add to the release of the game (or 'deluxe release'), a PDF of your sketchbook (did you do that on the first version?)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Andrew! How's your game going? Love the artwork and progress you've made so far!

• Looks great!

• A heart full of love, everywhere!

• Thanks for the nice compliments guys! I haven't been posting progress because I didn't know that people were reading this thread haha.

But I have a lot of content to share. I won't show it all right now but I'll share a couple pieces.

Ubie Island 2 Title Screen. Since Ubie repaired his ship in the first game, I've decided to make it a usable vehicle in the game and Ubie's main way of venturing throughout Climate Island.

Here were the initial ideas i had for the title screen. I ended up taking the planet in space version and tweaking it to show Ubie flying.

Working on a level that'll have the players flying and shooting. I want there to be a big boss battle at the end of this stage. Still a work in progress for sure.

Here are some sketches that show different parts of the game that I am planning. Also the bottom right image shows my initial idea for the ship level.

I'm also working on a book that'll teach a lot about game development process showcasing how Ubie Island 2 was made. More information on this soon... *This cover has some typos, this is just a test cover*

• bonus room mini game (gif removes some of the frames)

Day and Dusk assets

• The rolling mechanic looks like a lot of fun!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)