FPS bouncing all over the place after JS

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Bouncing ball
$9.99 USD
Template for a bouncing ball game, fully documented in comments and video
  • Pathfinding JS is making the FPS jump all around. Seems like its running smoothly but disturbing to see 2 FPS. Turn based game in the end but feel like something is wrong. Any ideas? 2 files attached. one runs at 60 FPS the edited one bounces the FPS all over the place... ???

1drv.ms/u/s!AjhAqDbxsedphq1YeKa3ga9rYaIcKw

The JS edit that effects FPS:

1drv.ms/u/s!AjhAqDbxsedphq5xCF-62SSvd0PAaQ

[ashley]

Have any Ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This was a change in a recent beta release

In other words, if there's nothing happening on the screen, the fps will "drop" simply because it's not necessary to redraw the screen.

We've also made some changes to framerate handling to clear up some confusion. Firstly, the standard frames per second (FPS) measurement previously actually measured ticks per second, and so could still read 60 FPS even if nothing was being rendered, which happens when nothing is changing. We've changed it to now only measured rendered frames per second, so it will drop to 0 when nothing is being rendered. We've added back a separate ticks per second (TPS) measurement which reflects the old measurement. This all makes it clearer to identify the rate at which frames are drawn and ticks are processed, which are not always the same. We've also changed the 'Set min/max framerate' action to 'Set min/max delta-time' to more accurately reflect what it does, as using the term 'framerate' is a bit misleading there.

I'm just not sure why the other example doesn't show this drop since there's also nothing happening on screen...

• Ok. I'm trying to figure out how to add TPS to the log now so I can see how its running vs &FPS. Can't seem to find the command though...

• It's in the platform info plugin.

Platform Info: expressions 'FramesPerSecond' and 'TicksPerSecond'

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)