Why does C3 show a sprite page, but not the game when uploaded to the server?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Why does C3 do this?

I upload the unzipped html project to my server, open the project and I get a page of sprites and some moving objects - Not the game.

It's random and can be any project.

I doesn't matter how large or small the project.

After several downloads from C3 and reuploading to my server usually it works.

And it doesn't matter which server. I have hosting from 2 different companies and I get this issue regardless of the hosting company. I even tried 2 different FTP clients - same problem. But again, it's random and can happen with a project 3 or 4 times and then not again for a month.

The game works perfectly in C3, but has this issue when uploaded to the server.

Is there away to fix this issue?

Here's the current project with this issue: iticka.com/RocketTurtle

• Check your default layout, maybe you are selecting the sprite page.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's probably caching. If you upload a new game at the same URL, it will keep showing the old game until it figures out there's an update in the background, and then switches to that. Publish to a different URL every time to avoid that.

• Maverick1912,

That could be it. I usually leave it as 'default' because Menu is always the first layout, but it's not the first layout that I build. What C3 decides is the 'default' could be random.

I changed it to Menu and either that's it or this is the upload where I got lucky lol

Thank you. I think you got it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)