Visual glitch in 3D object texture's alpha transparency?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • It seems that textures with alpha transparency act as masks in 3D objects.

See the attached image:

What is causing this issue, and how can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

• Is that screenshot showing the glitch well? All I can see are the whiter pixels around the chain link.

When 3d faces have transparency they typically need to be drawn from the furthest to closest to see through the transparent parts. That works best when the faces are facing the camera as angled faces or faces intersecting other polygons will often still have the issue.

Construct seems to do this for you somewhat. I haven’t messed with it a lot. What you can do is change the z order of things to control what gets drawn first.

Besides that there is a shader floating around somewhere called alpha discard or something that lets you see through transparent textures. But it’s a hard off/on, it doesn’t handle semi transparency.

So anyways the two tools you have to deal with transparent textures in 3d is that discard shader, and maybe messing with the zorder of things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Semitransparency in 3D is complicated. See the section on transparency in the tutorial Using 3D in Construct for more details.

• Semitransparency in 3D is complicated. See the section on transparency in the tutorial Using 3D in Construct for more details.

Ah, I see now. When I read the documentation before I interpreted "Z order" as referring to the rendering order as seen from the 3D camera's point of view.

It works now that I've moved the object to the top of the layer in the editor. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)