Top Down Perspective of bullet movement.

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Hello,

I am developing an shooting game from the view of an helicopter in top down perspective manner.

But i am facing a problem in my project is that when i shoot bullets, the bullet are not moving in an top down approach manner i tried to figure out many options but nothing seemed to worked.

Can anyone please help me out how could i get this top down perspective for bullets.

I want to bullet to move something like in the Gif attached.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This looks like first person perspective from a helicopter, not top down perspective. To achieve that gif you would create a cursor and have the bullets angle toward it and adjust their scale as they move.

• This looks like first person perspective from a helicopter, not top down perspective. To achieve that gif you would create a cursor and have the bullets angle toward it and adjust their scale as they move.

Can you please help me with an example of the events that how it would work.

• Sorry, I don't really have the time to make this. Try using sprites with bullet behaviour that are created in 2 places and angle toward a cursor object in the centre.

• Sorry, I don't really have the time to make this. Try using sprites with bullet behaviour that are created in 2 places and angle toward a cursor object in the centre.

hey i have added this events.

Am i doing it right or should need to make some changes.

Thanks for your reply.

• Well that's not for me to say really, how did it look? Does it achieve what you were after with the gameplay?

• dop2000 Sangeeth777

Nice job! I was tempted to give it a try yesterday too. Then I saw your's and that inspired me to add a few enhancements to it...

like explosions, and a HUD. Left click to shoot, right click locks the HUD so it stops following the mouse. I skewed the ground in photoshop, and made the parts for the HUD there too. (I borrowed the explosions from the Space shooter tutorial)

obviously, this is totally fake 3D, so you can't change camera angles like in the GIF above, but it still looks pretty good and would make a fun game. You can rotate the ground layers with the arrow keys, but that messes up the targeting of the bullets...

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/HelicopterGunHUD.capx

• AllanR Wow, this is just awesome!

• I gave it a try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ypmnjgge5ma3wx/HelicopterMachineGun.capx?dl=0

dop2000

Thanks alot for helping me out.

• dop2000 Sangeeth777

Nice job! I was tempted to give it a try yesterday too. Then I saw your's and that inspired me to add a few enhancements to it...

like explosions, and a HUD. Left click to shoot, right click locks the HUD so it stops following the mouse. I skewed the ground in photoshop, and made the parts for the HUD there too. (I borrowed the explosions from the Space shooter tutorial)

obviously, this is totally fake 3D, so you can't change camera angles like in the GIF above, but it still looks pretty good and would make a fun game. You can rotate the ground layers with the arrow keys, but that messes up the targeting of the bullets...

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/HelicopterGunHUD.capx

AllanR

Thanks alot.

I was doing it for touch devices, something like to drag the crosshair using touch. and the camera movement will simulated with an sprite object to move automatically.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)