Timeline: How do I rotate more than 180?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
2D Pack of 180 pixel art vehicles to make top view game. ( Cars, trucks, motorbikes, trains, boats ).
  • Hi there, hope you are having a great day.

I'm trying to animate an arm swinging motion for a character. Problem is that the arm goes the wrong way if I rotate it more than 180.

- I could in some cases create a lot of keyframes (between swing start/end) and rotate angle a little bit in every keyframe, but that solution doesn't work for me here. I need the animation to be between two keyframes so I can apply a smooth easing motion between the start and the end frames.

- I tried to use rotation behavior instead of angle, but it doesn't let you animate specific angles. It just uses speed to rotate.

- I could add property -> instance variable in the timeline and then set angle in the event sheet. But this means I can't preview the animation in the timeline anymore. Also, I would have to do this every time I animate something rotating more than 180. So with a lot of animations it becomes a tedious process.

I have this same problem happening in a few other animations as well.

Is there a way to rotate more than 180? Is there something I don't understand here? Seems a pretty big problem from animators perspective.

Thanks,

Rocket

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)