How to make the tile retain its properties at Real-Time-Player-MAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Please check the .c3p

I need to make the tile retain its properties at Real-Time-Player-MAP. I able to make the player visible in real-time, but couldn't able to make the tile to retain its properties, What I mean by its properties means, it should make the TILES_ICON height and width similar to TILES_PINK.

Please help

• Please help.

• dop2000 Sorry for mentioning you over here, People ignored my question entirely, :( Please help

• 1. Event #2 needs to be sub-event under event #1.

2. Add "Set size" action.

3. Set image point position at (x=0, y=0) in the TILES_ICON sprite.

Because layout is bigger than the map, you need to hide some tiles on the map and scroll the map. This may be difficult.

I suggest drawing the map on DrawingCanvas instead.

• 1. Event #2 needs to be sub-event under event #1.

2. Add "Set size" action.

3. Set image point position at (x=0, y=0) in the TILES_ICON sprite.

Because layout is bigger than the map, you need to hide some tiles on the map and scroll the map. This may be difficult.

I suggest drawing the map on DrawingCanvas instead.

WOW, it worked, amazing as usual, thank you.

• Just one little doubt here, I have set coin as Coin_ICON (similar to TILES_ICON), once the player collides with the coin, the coin is destroyed, how can I destroy the corresponding Coin_ICON for the same?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Connect them (ligically) by CoinID, the same way you did with tiles. Then you can pick icon by CoinID and destroy it. Another option is using a container.

• Connect them (ligically) by CoinID, the same way you did with tiles. Then you can pick icon by CoinID and destroy it. Another option is using a container.

Thank you dop2000, will try.

Two other questions,

1. How do I limit the off area object not to be visible on the map.

2. In general Whenever I set the colour of a DrawingCanvas it doest reflect.

• 1. You can do it with blend modes. Use a mask sprite with a blend mode like Destination Out (or something similar) on the same layer as your mini-map. See the official Blend Modes template for examples.

2. I don't know, you need to show your code.

• 1. You can do it with blend modes. Use a mask sprite with a blend mode like Destination Out (or something similar) on the same layer as your mini-map. See the official Blend Modes template for examples.

2. I don't know, you need to show your code.

Hi, dop2000 Please check this.c3p

• Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy0kn9wejn9hiuq/Question4Dop2000.c3p?dl=0

Thanks, that was neat. You suggested me to use DrwaingCanvas for the map instead of the regular sprite, I just wondering what might be the advantage, I mean I never used DrwaingCanvas before, to change the colour was also weird.

• I've made a mini-map for another project with Drawing Canvas. On every tick draw a portion of the map on it - copy walls, enemies, coins etc.

The advantage is that there are fewer objects in the game. It may also be slightly better for performance, as blend modes may be slow on mobile.

• I've made a mini-map for another project with Drawing Canvas. On every tick draw a portion of the map on it - copy walls, enemies, coins etc.

The advantage is that there are fewer objects in the game. It may also be slightly better for performance, as blend modes may be slow on mobile.

Does that mean we do not have to rely on blend mode anymore? and Performance increes? WOW 🤩 Please tell me how to do the same with the DrwaingCanvas.

• The same way you create icons on the minimap, but instead you draw a rectangle on DrawingCanvas. For coins draw a circle.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)