How to make the tile retain its properties at Real-Time-Player-MAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Thank you, I will try.

• Hi dop2000, Is it possible to show the TiledBackground having modified its shape using mseh editor, on the minimap?

• May be possible if you use DrawingCanvas method for the minimap and paste the modified object on the canvas.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi dop2000, thanks for your response. I have 3 questions. Here the C3p. Please help.

The same way you create icons on the minimap, but instead you draw a rectangle on DrawingCanvas. For coins draw a circle.

1. Could you please help me on this, I couldn't able to fig out how to make the DrawingCanvas (minimap) draw the object. I can only able to create on it (using the old logic).

The advantage is that there are fewer objects in the game. It may also be slightly better for performance, as blend modes may be slow on mobile.

2. The blend mode part, How can I ditch the mask using DrawingCanvas. (mask were used to limit the off area object not to be shown on the map)

May be possible if you use DrawingCanvas method for the minimap and paste the modified object on the canvas.

3. And lastly the mseh editor, How to show TiledBackground/Sprite (with the modified shape) on the mini-map.

• Here is an example with DrawingCanvas. There may be a way to optimize it but I don't have time.

dropbox.com/s/csn2fynev57mu9l/Minimap_DrawingCanvas.c3p

• Here is an example with DrawingCanvas. There may be a way to optimize it but I don't have time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csn2fynev57mu9l/Minimap_DrawingCanvas.c3p?dl=0

Thanks, Dop, Learned so many things of DC from that C3p, you almost covered everything, just one part I have doubt, Please check the attached c3p here, the trick you used to make the minimap show the tilemap correctly but here in my case it just showing the tile background as it is.

• You disabled all my events and asking why it doesn't work anymore? :)

You can't paste objects to drawing canvas on every tick, that's why I'm using two canvases. On first tick the layout objects are pasted on canvas1, on second tick canvas1 is pasted on canvas2.

• You disabled all my events and asking why it doesn't work anymore? :)

You can't paste objects to drawing canvas on every tick, that's why I'm using two canvases. On first tick the layout objects are pasted on canvas1, on second tick canvas1 is pasted on canvas2.

Actually trying to making it work since yesterday night but no luck so far xD

• I changed a few things:

dropbox.com/s/0yqo1vdfd112kk9/Q4D_V2.c3p

• I changed a few things:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yqo1vdfd112kk9/Q4D_V2.c3p?dl=0

Thanks, dop, that was dope.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)