How do I Make text stay at the top left of the screen?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • I'm trying to make a counter that keeps track of the score but I can't get it to stay in the top left of the screen while the player moves with scroll to

• Hey Floppi,

use Position X to ViewportLeft("LayerNameOfObjectYouAreReferencing") + Whatever you want as a padding

and Position Y to ViewportTop("LayerNameOfObjectYouAreReferencing") + Whatever you want as a padding

Hope that helps!

Check out the documentation on how to use ViewportTop etc. aswell.

Its an amazing thing I didn't know of.

Extra Tip. When positioning something to the right or even the center: always start of the ViewportLeft! This has proven to me to be the most accurate way for responsive layouting.

Examples:

Position X to ViewportLeft("LayerName")+ViewportRight("LayerName") would position something to the absolute right side horizontally.

Position X to ViewportLeft("LayerName")+ViewportRight("LayerName") would always position something to the center of your screen horizontally.

Cheers!

Chris

• Or...

You can put the counter on its own layer and change the Parallax properties of that layer to 0% x 0%.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh yes, I thought thats given :D sorrey!

What Lancifer says is great!

1. Put it on its own Layer

2. Parallax to 0

3. but then I recommend still doing Positioning using Viewport though

Hope it works :)

• Thank you very much this worked perfectly.

• Or...

You can put the counter on its own layer and change the Parallax properties of that layer to 0% x 0%.

Yeah, this is the typical way. All my projects, I have a "GUI" layer at the top of all layers, with 0 Parallaxing. All text, and GUI elements go on that layer, so it moves along with the rest of the gameplay, as the Camera/Viewport does it's thing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)