How do I make Text Input have a transparent background?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Hi there,

I ran into this problem with C2 and I see it's still a thing in C3.

bottom line is that would like a Text Input object to have a transparent background. There doesn't appear to be a checkbox or otherwise to make this possible with that object.

Thanks,

Caleb

• The text object doesn't have a background does it? It's just a floating bit of text. The CSS style described in the C2 post is for a textbox, which is a different object. You can use that to set common CSS properties, such as size, colour etc. The text object though isn't too configurable outside of the default values, I think a lot of people make use of the SpriteFont plugin for intricate customization and special text.

• text input not text box. the text input object is the one you can type in. it has a permanent white background and no obvious way to turn that off. A text box (one that can't be typed into) does by default have a transparent background.

• text input not text box. the text input object is the one you can type in. it has a permanent white background and no obvious way to turn that off. A text box (one that can't be typed into) does by default have a transparent background.

I don't use C3 really but in C2 the textbox is the object with the white background, text is transparent. To make the textbox transparent, well you got your answer in that original topic? Set CSS style is in the textbox events. Answer is already there, not sure what other info you need.

• in the original post the person never explained how to get the css window he showed in the screenshot.

This is from C3, but i saw this very same thing in C2 when posting the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvyf5nhia89b0rz/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-06%20at%202.23.54%20PM.png?dl=0

Unless since that post they fixed it. That was around a year ago that I posted the C2 question.

• Yes true that response wasn't massively detailed. In the events for textbox you can use Set CSS style to make use of common css properties. To adjust the size you set Property name: "font-size" and Value: "50px". That changes the font to size 50. You can also adjust the font type, colour etc. The link below his response is to some of the css property names you would use. Is the screenshot after attempting the transparency or not? Try his original response, go to actions Set CSS Style, then "background-color" "transparent". It leaves a border but makes the background transparent.

• AH HA! yes now i see it. Thank you for clearing that up!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley is it possible to open up more options for text entry? no color options or anything else for this. I imagine it's not a widely used object compared to others but it would be nice so nice if it were setup like the others.

I'm currently trying to figure out which combination is for color so i can get it to be white text instead of black.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)