How do I make the text in a button bigger?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Im trying to make a button where the button says "Easy" or "Medium" ect.. for different gamemodes in my game. But when I create the button the text is way to small to be readable to the player. Im new to construct and cant find a solution to this. Anything helps, thanks!

• Do you mean the html object 'Button' because then I don't think it's possible. You can make your own with a Sprite and Text object on top of it, and the Text you can customize as much as you want.

• Built in buttons suck for many reasons - you should make your own ^.^

• Do you mean the html object 'Button' because then I don't think it's possible. You can make your own with a Sprite and Text object on top of it, and the Text you can customize as much as you want.

Thanks, I figured out that if you uncheck "Auto font size" it makes the text in the button a little bigger. I ended not using that anyways and making a Sprite with a Text object ontop of it like you said.

Built in buttons suck for many reasons - you should make your own ^.^

Thanks, I ended up making my own button. I definitely agree that they should make buttons more customizable eaiser. For example, they should make it so you can eaisly select a font size and a background for the button.

• Yes I ran into the same problem just now. I want to make the text on my buttons

a readble size. Can't do it easily - doubt if it can be done with CSS as I think this

is on the canvas.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So I read the manual and it is very obscure because it doesn't tell you what to actually do.

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/button

What do you put in "id" and what do you put in "class" to actually make the button bigger?

Examples would really help.

• Make your own button.

Create Custom Buttons - Construct 3 Tutorial

youtu.be/zHB0gZFfqD4

• So I read the manual and it is very obscure because it doesn't tell you what to actually do.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/button

What do you put in "id" and what do you put in "class" to actually make the button bigger?

Examples would really help.

Construct is not great for CSS, just make your own. Use the html button object if you just want a standard button like on a web page.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)