You guys are awesome, thank you for the tips! I tried all of the methods except for the Array sizcoz suggested, because honestly, I started on construct 3 a month ago and still haven't figured out how to effectively use Arrays (but I'll get there, I know they're a big deal).
WackyToaster and newt, Rope worked a bit, but with some problems listed below.
AllanR, your capx helped a lot, but I couldn't figure out some details from it that I'm listing here.
I'm leaving a c3p with the problems I'm facing here (don't know how to save in capx), I would appreciate if you guys could help me out here.
The problems are listed in the event sheet as comments, but are basically those:
- I can't make the sidekicks follow each other in a soft, lerp way;
- Make a smoother turn for the sidekicks when the hero turns from one side to the other;
- Make them able to jump after the hero;
- If "Hero" turns around facing a wall, the sidekicks won't cross that wall and get stuck like it's happening atm. Instead, they'll simply stop mid movement until the hero gets farther from the wall. (this one is super annoying because it's making the sidekicks get inside the wall and die/fall).
- The lerp isn't working on the Y axis because I don't want the sidekicks to float, so the Every tick = lerp Y is nullifying the gravity;
- Trying the Pin - Rope behavior gets close but makes the sidekick tremble for some reason, the following isn't soft and when the hero turns around, the sidekick instantly changes y position (which shouldn't happen).
An important note is that the sidekicks are supposed to be cats, so floating behaviors won't work here (a shame, because they were way easier to implement).
Thank you SO much!