How do I subtract points when my player touches a certain type of ground?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • I'm pretty new with Construct and I've been working with the platform tutorial to make a "Floor is Lava" game. Basically you score points when jump on an enemies head. You earn combo points by jumping on enemies one after the other and can grab combo multipliers to increase your combo score.

You log points by landing on safe ground (the blue rectangles), but if you land in lava (red rectangles) you lose your combo score and and multipliers. All of that works perfectly.

What I want is for my character to slowly lose points when standing on lava. I tried to use the "while" action and froze up Construct. How do I create the logic for this?

• System > every X seconds is probably what you are looking for.

• Thanks! I figured it was something simple.

• Actually, that part wasn't the biggest problem. I need the logic for the part where as long as the character is on the lava floor, he loses points. Below is what I tried. I still only lose one point when the player lands, but no more than that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On collision only triggers once. Change it to "is overlapping" or, if the lava floor is solid you may need "is overlapping at offset"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)