How do I stretch fullscreen display?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I have an 8x8 tileset that I want to fit perfectly on the screen. This won't happen with my 428x240 viewport. I can stretch it out to 432x248, but then black bars appear at the sides of the screen during fullscreen.

I can't use scale inner, since that cuts off bits of the sides.

Same for scale outer, which cuts off the top and bottom.

Letterbox scale and letterbox integer scale result in black bars.

I can make it 432x240 instead, which still has black bars, though they're barely visible (still annoys me and I don't want mouse input to go off screen for a reason).

Is there a way to just stretch the display to account for these black bars?

(my game is low quality pixel rounded)

• There are many different screen aspect ratios and it's not possible to fit 428x240 image into any screen without distorting it. So there inevitably will be empty bars either at the sides or at the top/bottom.

You can choose letterbox mode and live with black bars. Or you can use Scale Outer mode and put some kind of nice looking border (sprites or tiled backgrounds) around your 428x240 area. You can also add a condition to to ignore mouse events if players click that border.

• Yeah, i'm asking how to distort it. Four pixels of stretching would be barely noticable I think so i'm fine with trying it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Then I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to stretch/distort the 8x8 tilemap to fit perfectly into 428x240 viewport?

Or do you want to distort your entire game to fit into any monitor or window resolution? This may be a bad idea because there are ultra wide monitors with aspect ratios like 30:10

Also, seems like you don't understand the difference between Scale Inner and Scale Outer modes. Scale Inner cuts off parts of your layout, Scale Outer shows more of your layout.

construct.net/en/tutorials/supporting-multiple-screen-17

• "Also, seems like you don't understand the difference between Scale Inner and Scale Outer modes."

yeah that was a mistake I meant to say that it showed parts of the layout that I didn't want it to.

"Or do you want to distort your entire game to fit into any monitor or window resolution? "

yes, but valid concern... hmm

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)