Stream with OBS or others a NW.js built game (win64)?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello,

Like said in the title, I'm actually wondering and facing some issues with this.

When game is built in win64 using NW.js (obviously the latest version) game is just impossible to be catched somehow in software such as OBS Studio, or Streamlabs OBS. So people that possibly want to stream it, or record it using probably other softwares may experience some issues.

Is it a known issue? And is there a way to resolve this?

• Bump! Still an active request

• That's a forum - give people some time to notice your post :)

• That's why I'm "bumping" after 24h, this is a forum thing to make the topic go up in the list, so people can see it easily :)

Anyway, my request is still active, still didn't find anything about it

• You should probably tell the people who make the screen recording software about the problem if the software can't record a particular app.

• You should probably tell the people who make the screen recording software about the problem if the software can't record a particular app.

Problem is that, I don't have time, and I'm unsure it's my job to contact every single streaming software support to tell them that, games made with C3 can't be streamed.

I can't be the first one talking about this issue? You must be aware about it, and I'm expecting there's a least an explanation or a workaround...

• Obs doesn't know which process to use.

You can either go hunting for it, or use the User Media object to record from the client, or find another screen recorder.

• Obs doesn't know which process to use.

You can either go hunting for it, or use the User Media object to record from the client, or find another screen recorder.

I understand the problem, but I'm not gonna ask all potential streamers or youtubers that might wanna promote it to "seek for another software" if you see my point.

Seems like a lot of people have been experiencing these issues since a very long time and nothing has been done concretely to fix it, construct team may have contact to speed up the process, that's also why I'm asking. Because this is a huge problem, and that's something that might make me leave if it can't be fixed somehow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nwjs would be the party to complain to then.

• Nwjs would be the party to complain to then.

I can't open an issue for that, because they'll tell me to update to the latest version of NW.js when construct is having 5 builds of delay. They'll ignore my request, they're saying it very directly when you're creating an issue, that's it.

So what am I supposed to do?

• Again User Media object, some other recorder, or even another client. One that doesn't use Chrome.

• If you bought a pump for your car tyres that claimed to work with any tyres, and it failed to increase the pressure, would you assume that your tyres are broken and complain to the tyre manufacturer? No, it's probably a problem with the pump - maybe it needs a different kind of adapter for the valve or something, but basically the pump is not doing what it was advertised to.

If some software says it records the screen, and it fails to do that, it's not doing what it's supposed to so should be fixed. It's not our responsibility to make sure other people's software does what it claims to do. I don't know why people come blaming us for things like this.

• If you bought a pump for your car tyres that claimed to work with any tyres, and it failed to increase the pressure, would you assume that your tyres are broken and complain to the tyre manufacturer? No, it's probably a problem with the pump - maybe it needs a different kind of adapter for the valve or something, but basically the pump is not doing what it was advertised to.

If some software says it records the screen, and it fails to do that, it's not doing what it's supposed to so should be fixed. It's not our responsibility to make sure other people's software does what it claims to do. I don't know why people come blaming us for things like this.

Again, I cannot open an issue on NW.js github since you're not even using the latest version of it, so they'll just tell me to update to the latest version, see if it still happens.

Now tell me, how the hell am I supposed to do? Because ok, I get this isn't a problem on your end, but you still made that choice on using NW.js, and you're proposing that service to us, so what do we do here?

If I contact OBS team, or XSplit team, or <insert any name> team, they'll just tell me to contact or open an issue on NW.js, which I can't do, so you're all going to send to ball to each other and nothing, is gonna move, since it seems this problem is an existing problem since at least 2 years and was also the case when C3 wasn't even here.

• Have you tried bringing the issue up to either teams or are you just speculating?

• Have you tried bringing the issue up to either teams or are you just speculating?

I'm not speculating, it's written down when you create an issue, the instructions, what the hell can they do on an older version if anyway, Construct NW.js isn't up to date? That won't solve the issue.

Concerning streaming softwares, I'm not sure it's their problem tho, they're working fine for all games, even old ones when they weren't even extisting, so I'm wondering.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)