Stream with OBS or others a NW.js built game (win64)?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Near as I can tell Obs is not set up to work with Webgl.

The workaround from their end is disable gpu acceleration, which is Obsurd.

The only reference of Webl for Obs is a browser plug.

• Near as I can tell Obs is not set up to work with Webgl.

The workaround from their end is disable gpu acceleration, which is Obsurd.

The only reference of Webl for Obs is a browser plug.

Tried that solution as well, it's not working so.. I'm unsure about what they're saying tho

• There isn't a viable solution for the use of both Nwjs, and Obs.

• It's a problem with someone else's software. I'm afraid I can't help you. You should probably persist with reporting the issue to the people who make the software that isn't working.

• I tried many, many, many solutions talked to every single streaming software support and NW.js, no one seems to care at all, that's really really fucking great.

Here's the only solution I've found, in your "command line options" or just as starting parameters for your app, if you use: "--disable-gpu-compositing" it will allow you to finally be able to catch the screen of your game on these softwares.

But, you'll have less than 30fps, which makes the game absolutely unplayable.

So unless someone from any team on any side at some point move his ass to do something about it, it will never ever work.

Absolutely great.

I'm sorry about my language, but damn, this is more than frustrating and annoying than I've ever expected, I just want to be able to record my game.. and let people being able to do so as well or even stream it.

• Its Obs. They are the only ones that can do anything about it. You will have to make a request for them to support it.

Then again it's not like you can make the reviewers update their software.

A better suggestion would be to move on to other methods of getting publicity.

• FYI the latest releases of C3 with the C3 runtime support screen recording using the Game Recorder object. It's not yet widely supported, but it should work in Firefox and Chrome 72+ (currently Canary). When Chrome supports it you can choose to record the browser tab, a different app, or the entire screen. So there's a built-in way to record a video of the game using Construct itself, which might be a good way to work around broken screen-recording tools.

• Ashley - would this game recorder work in NW.js bundled games?

EDIT// Once NW.js reaches v72

• I haven't tried it yet, but I don't see why not.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I used OBS to record games I built for my twitch stream. I used display capture instead of game capture and it worked fine.

twitch.tv/vila4480

• I used OBS to record games I built for my twitch stream. I used display capture instead of game capture and it worked fine.

twitch.tv/vila4480

Of course it works, since it's not about targeting the screen of the game itself, but rather the whole screen, which isn't this topic's subject :)

The problem we're talking about is about Game capture or Window capture, and a lot of users won't ever go for the solution you've mentioned since it's really not optimal at all on the streamer's end.

• Of course it works, since it's not about targeting the screen of the game itself, but rather the whole screen, which isn't this topic's subject :)

The problem we're talking about is about Game capture or Window capture, and a lot of users won't ever go for the solution you've mentioned since it's really not optimal at all on the streamer's end.

Sorry if I sent the wrong vibes - I was just sharing the only solution I found to be working well with my stream. But you're right - it isn't a good solution for most streamers!

• For future notes, I solved this issue by just not using NW.js anymore.

I'm now compiling using Electron, which is way better than NW.js on many points and solving two major issues I had with NW.js one being the topic's subject. I still don't understand why Construct isn't offering the Electron option.. but well

I'm afraid no one is ever going to work on that problem, so if you want somehow to fix this kind of issue, it's fairly simple, don't use NW.js, try to see Electron

• Electron uses the same browser engine as NW.js. I don't know why it would work differently with screen recorders - perhaps they disable the GPU process, which might degrade performance. You can do that with NW.js anyway if you pass the --in-process-gpu flag. Still, as I said before, it's a bug in the screen recording software if it can't record your screen.

BTW the latest C3 releases include the Game Recorder object which has a built-in screen recording feature... which always works!

• Electron uses the same browser engine as NW.js. I don't know why it would work differently with screen recorders - perhaps they disable the GPU process, which might degrade performance. You can do that with NW.js anyway if you pass the --in-process-gpu flag. Still, as I said before, it's a bug in the screen recording software if it can't record your screen.

BTW the latest C3 releases include the Game Recorder object which has a built-in screen recording feature... which always works!

I don't understand how you still can't understand the issue... I'll try to make myself even more clear (let's hope)

- NW.js had several issues for capture the window with STREAMING softwares, such as OBS, XSplit etc..

- So now maybe you may get why, I don't care about this "built it Recording" whatever that is. Why the hell should I force Streamers and youtubers to record with that thing, when they're used to do the same with their tools, do you really think they would even bother trying to find a solution as it's not on their end? I don't think so.

- I've contacted support, here, for OBS, XSplit, and even forwarded that to the NW.js team, no one seems to care at all.

- Issue is, that window can't be capture, doesn't matter what you try to do, yes, "--disable-gpu-compositing" was working but it's also heavyly reducing performance of the game itself (the arg you mentioned didn't work on my end) to a point that's, it's absolutely unplayable for the type of game I'm making (which is a rhythm game, and every frame is god damn important)

- I see you coming, no, there's no optimization problem, since I made a test batch on my game with more than 25+ different PC configurations, from very low end hardware / refresh rate to the highest ones, absolutely 0 problems noticed so far.

- I'm sorry but Electron seems to be different somehow as, without doing anything, I've got better performances according to my tests and this issue is gone, alongside the other one linked to your official Greenworks plugin, working yes, to unlock achievements, but also absolutely incomplete in term of features (you just have to look at the documentation to see how much features it's missing). But my main problem with Greenworks wasn't the lack of features and such, as I could have workaround, what I couldn't workaround was the Overlay absolutely not working at all, switched to Electron, stopped using your plugin and magic, it's all working again.

So yes, as I'm saying, I'm pretty sure having a secondary option to build on Windows won't be luxury.

The more choice you'll give to people, happier they'll be (and I know how much work it does represent, but why don't you come over the Community Discord and ask "Armaldio" which is the guy working on that Electron builder for Construct 2/3? I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to help)

Sorry if my message sounds harsh, but I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over, when it's absolutely clear that there's an issue, somewhere in NW.js, and it's not recording software's fault as it's working god damn fine with Electron, which according to you "is the same".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)