[SOLVED] Facebook instant games leaderboards

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hi

I just started using the FbIG plugin. It's quite nice.

How does the leaderboards work on fb instant games? The global leaderboards are self-explanetory.

But what exactly are contextual boards? I try to read the Facebook docs but I just don't get it. Who will show up in a contextual board? Your friends? Only a few friends?

Also, is there a way to only show a users fb friends in your leaderboard? I feel that would be the most important thing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • the contextual leaderboards show the users in the context the game is played. like the thread or the group.

you can use a global leaderboard and just fetch your friends in that one yes.

• fredriksthlm thanks for helping me with this!

So if I open my game in a messenger chat. Only the other people in that chat will be on the contextual board? And then if I later open the game again in another chat, the contextual board will be different, correct?

How do I fetch only my friends in my global leaderboard?

So I load my global (non-contextual) board. Should I select "all" or just "connected players" in the load action? How do I fetch only my friends? :D

• yes, that is how contexts work.

and your friends=connected players yes.

• fredriksthlm

Thank you! This plugin has such potential to create a strong social element to your game!

I feel so dumb but for some reason I thought connected players meant players connected to the game right now (e.g. playing at the moment when leaderboard is requested lol...)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)