How do I make snow that lays on ground and player?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • i know i can make a sprite snowflake with sine behav, so it tingles and falls down.

All good.

But how do i manage that the snowflake sprites will stop falling and stack up on solids like ground / trees / player etc ?

I just want that the player gets snowed in a bit on his head when idle and the snow should fall off his head when he moves again :)

Any help appreciated , also i work with this capx : construct.net/en/tutorials/animated-falling-snowflakes-486

• Hey, try something like this.

wackytoaster.at/parachute/stucksnow.c3p

You probably should have the snow "melt" after some time being stuck because if it keeps snowing and snowing it will create more and more sprites (not ideal for performance having 1 million individual snowflakes around) If you want to keep the snowed on effect you could also use a canvas object on top that you regularely copy the sprites on (which can be destroyed after) to save performance.

• Hey, try something like this.

https://www.wackytoaster.at/parachute/stucksnow.c3p

You probably should have the snow "melt" after some time being stuck because if it keeps snowing and snowing it will create more and more sprites (not ideal for performance having 1 million individual snowflakes around) If you want to keep the snowed on effect you could also use a canvas object on top that you regularely copy the sprites on (which can be destroyed after) to save performance.

That sounds good ! Thanks for your help, is it possible to show me what you mean with canvas in a capx ?

• I´ve added the canvas thing. If you check the debugger the number of snowflakes will go up to a certain point (300ish) but then stay around that number as all snowparticles that hit the ground will be put on the canvas and then destroyed.

wackytoaster.at/parachute/stucksnowcanvas.c3p

I can´t provide a capx because I use C3 and this is the C3 forum anyway but you should be able to open this in the free version and check it out. Should be pretty much the same thing in C2 except you need to use the 3rd party canvas plugin construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-canvas-41782

• I´ve added the canvas thing. If you check the debugger the number of snowflakes will go up to a certain point (300ish) but then stay around that number as all snowparticles that hit the ground will be put on the canvas and then destroyed.

http://wackytoaster.at/parachute/stucksnowcanvas.c3p

I can´t provide a capx because I use C3 and this is the C3 forum anyway but you should be able to open this in the free version and check it out. Should be pretty much the same thing in C2 except you need to use the 3rd party canvas plugin construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-canvas-41782

Hi man i just finished my demo , it is quite nice looking and the average amount of sprites stays at 900 maybe all the time

but will look into your post now

EDIT: well the canvas way does not work here : emtee.cc/demos/src/snowtest.c3p with tilemaps.

But nice idea ! I hope i can get it to work for the platformer template too

but for now it works take a look :) it looks really awesome

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

http://wackytoaster.at/parachute/stucksnowcanvas.c3p

i tried to achieve it in construct 2 but the snowflakes are falling very laggy ..

Also they gather around the spawner instead of falling..

i entered the events 1:1 from the construct 3 file

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)