Sidescroller project: Setting up my hitboxes and angles??

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • It seems everytime I try to hit the target my character takes a ton of damage and the enemy only dies if I press the attack button, twice... Even then my character dies. I'd also like to position My hitboxes to the right and left. I've tried everything and I'm at a loss. Each tutorial is different. If anyone can Help with some advice. I will share a link if you drop your email too see what I'm talking about.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You spawn the hitbox in the centre of the player (image point 0) so possibly the enemy will hit the player first. You can set up a new image point for the player in the image editor, then on the spawn action you have there you can see the image point 0 you can change it to image point 1, this is for spawning the hitbox elsewhere like on the player hand.

Where the enemy can collide with the hitbox and the player, well that's down to your own game design. You can adjust the collision box of the player and the hitbox separately. The issue about pressing the attack button twice is probably that the hitbox misses the enemy. The enemy may have a smaller hitbox than you think and can be edited in the image editor.

• What about getting it to spawn on the fist when he's facing the left? I've tried that and nothing works

• If you use 'Set Mirrored' on the player, this is common and should work for that. When you press left key, set mirrored and right key set not mirrored.

• Set mirroror on the hitbox event? cause my character already mirrors. its just his hitbox

• If he already mirrors then it should work automatically, the image points flip with the player. What is happening when you spawn it and he is facing left?

• it keeps appearing to his right. and when I move and at random spots too

• Well actually if you did punch while facing right then turn left quickly it would stay where it spawns. You can use Pin behaviour and pin the object to the player when it spawns, this means it will follow left/right. Try that and see if it works.

• it is pinned

• nvm it worked!!!

• The left and right thigh but it still boomerangs of his fist and hist the enemy

• If there is a tiny problem you'll have to share the project I can't help much more with this

• Okay can you send me the email? So I can send it to you?

• edit : remove email

• Posted from dropbox The email should be Jorweymanmad@gmail.com

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)