How do I set my sprite and particles to be solid and rebound off each other?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • I'm creating a dodging game and trying to get the player (blue/green ball) and enemies (red balls) to rebound off each other rather than passing through. I've tried using the solid behaviour to make the player (sprite) and enemies (particles) bounce off each other but it's not worked and neither has using physics behaviour and set them to immovable.

To move the player (sprite) I'm using the drag and drop behaviour but I've read that the solid behaviour only works alongside other certain behaviours.

Is there another way I can try to make the balls rebound off each other when they collide?

I've attached an image to show the balls over-lapping.

• Set physic for them and set world gravity on start layout is 0.

• I've tried that now but it hasn't worked.

Do you know if particles can be used to bounce off solids? Or if there is another way of doing this?

• Particles cannot have individual interactions in the way that you want. Because of this you should use a sprite which has the bullet behaviour and the "Bounce off solids" property set to true:

If you then want these sprites to spawn in a similar way to particles you should write a event to create the object every x seconds.

• I've tried that now but it hasn't worked.

Do you know if particles can be used to bounce off solids? Or if there is another way of doing this?

Ah, I thought your enemy is different sprite.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow that was easy! It's working now - thanks a lot guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)