How do I set position of an instance of an object to another object?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi everyone, I'm really new so sorry if this is obvious, I couldn't find an answer in the forums as I can't detect what I'm doing wrong, I want to pick an instance of a card object and snap it to an inventory slot:

It worked when there was just one instance of the object, so I know the drag & drop logic is working, but I can't seem to make it work now that I introduced multiple instances, I don't know if I'm using "Pick Instance with UID" correctly.

Thank you for your time!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't need to pick by UID, just remove all these conditions. "Card On Drop" event already picks the Card instance (the one that has been dropped).

Also, having 5 different objects for slots is probably not very effective. You should use one Slot object with 5 instances.

• Thank you!

I corrected that, I also found out what I was doing wrong, I used an inverted condition instead of else and it worked!

What was happening is I couldn't make the card snap to the slot like I did before implementing the logic to go back to its previous position.

Thanks for the help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)