Set Effect Parameter SetColor for Sprite

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • I have a plain, white sprite.

I added a slider into my project to act as a color changer.

In my logic I have:

SliderBar -> OnChanged ---> WhiteSprite -> SetEffect "Color" to SliderBar.Value.

The issue I'm having right now is that the SliderBar is only changing the R in the RGB values.

I'm also not allowed to put comma delimited numbers in the value textbox. For example (SliderBar.Value, SliderBar.Value + 50, 0).

Does anyone have any experience with coloring sprites and what an ideal practice should be for using the SetEffect properties?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Set effect parameter" takes values from 0 to 100 and for setting red, green and blue channels you need three actions, for example:

Sprite-> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to 50

Sprite-> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 1 to 70

Sprite-> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 2 to 100

• So the above comment works for Construct 2, but it didn't work for me for Construct 3.

I did some digging in the forums and actually found a solution:

If the link above is no longer active for whatever reason, here's an abridged version of the solution:

"@SteamPoweredPix Hi, I was having the same exact problem - it really seemed as though effects that require color parameters were just broken in Construct 3, but they're not! Here's how pass color values to effects now.

Instead of the C2-style "parameter 0 = red, parameter 1 = green, parameter 2 = blue", C3 color parameters are just a single value of "rgb" type. To get that you use the System expression "rgb" and pass it three numbers between 0-255 (not 0-100 like in C2).

CODE: SELECT ALL

Solid red:

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to rgb(255, 0, 0)

Solid green:

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to rgb(0, 255, 0)

Solid blue:

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to rgb(0, 0, 255)

Solid grey:

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to rgb(128, 128, 128)

And so on. Hope this helps!"

-- Quote is from JerkTheRipper

Thanks!

• Oh, sorry, I didn't know they changed it in C3.

• I had forgotten about this change! Thank you for the reminder!

• Everytime I'm getting stuck on something in Construct 3, it happens that there is a System expression I didn't know about... Ha ha. ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)