How do I send an email like in a contact form?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hello,

I wish to allow the player to send me an email to inform us of some bugs or troubles in the level.

I have ajax, textinput and button.

What should I input here to make it to my email adresse?

• You need to use Browser action "Open URL" or "Go to URL" with the following link:

mailto:abc@gmail.com?subject=Bugreport&body=message

Use URLEncode() expression to encode the subject and body message if needed.

Note, that this will not automatically send the email. It will only open an email app on user's device and compose the email for sending.

Another option is to use an online service like sendgrid.com (the first one I found in google).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use phpmailer. If you google, you will find a lot of example already done for you. Then, when you click send, in the DATA, you set the data that you need to send to the php form. it should look like:

"email="&emailConstruct&"&"&"name="&nameConstruct.... etc

and in the url, the url of the php in your server.

Note, you can use any php form online that you find.

• You need to use Browser action "Open URL" or "Go to URL" with the following link:

mailto:abc@gmail.com?subject=Bugreport&body=message

Use URLEncode() expression to encode the subject and body message if needed.

Note, that this will not automatically send the email. It will only open an email app on user's device and compose the email for sending.

Another option is to use an online service like sendgrid.com (the first one I found in google).

Ok,

I think it might be better if it send directly a message, no?

Maybe i should take a look at array?

Or a solution where the player fill in a table somewhere that i can check?

• Not sure what you mean by array.

You can create a Google Form for feedbacks and bug reports, and simply redirect your players there.

You can create a Google Form for feedbacks and bug reports, and simply redirect your players there.

My message disapear.

Yes i was thinking to somethng like this.

It is possible to use it with construct i assume.

I fond a tutoriel you did, thanks :)

Did it works also for construct 3?

I might have done something wrong, it doesn't work when i test.

• Check everything, repeat every step in the tutorial, this usually helps.

If it still doesn't work, check browser console, there may be an error message.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)