How do I secure my HTML5 export?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Hi guys.

I have an HTML5 export of my game, but the score inside is hackable.I wanted to see what I should do so that users cannot access the score and it is sent to server.

How and from which plugin (now I use ajax) should I send the score to be safe.

Is it possible to do something through scripting?

I talked to a programmer and he said that since it is a front-end output, nothing can be done for its security; But should be a way. Unfortunately I don't know anything about programming and this issue of security is bothering me a lot, if you can guide me.

• You can implement some encryption or hashing:

howtoconstructdemos.com/protect-sensitive-data-in-your-game-from-cheaters-and-hackers

It will still be possible to hack your game, but this will take considerably more effort.

• Thank you very much. I'm doing this with CBhash plugin, but as you said it's not enough.

Can you suggest another way?

• No need to use an addon, there is now an official Cryptography plugin in C3.

But 100% protection is still not possible, this will only make the job a bit more difficult for hackers.

• No need to use an addon, there is now an official Cryptography plugin in C3.

But 100% protection is still not possible, this will only make the job a bit more difficult for hackers.

Thank you very much. Besides cryptography, what is your solution for more security? Even if there is a solution for processing on the server, which is good, security must not be provided from within the game.

• There is no fundamental solution. A client-side game can always be hacked. All you can do is throw a few hurdles in the way to make it harder.

• There is no fundamental solution. A client-side game can always be hacked. All you can do is throw a few hurdles in the way to make it harder.

Thanks a lot. So how do applications like "Gamee" do it? How do we secure the server side? By protecting the requests? And if it is practical, how? can you guide me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They probably also just throw some hurdles in the way to make it harder and so are still hackable, unless they have a full server-side approach. Having a server-side gameplay system is extremely complicated and would often require rearchitecting the entire game, as it works more like a multiplayer game (with the server being a host and the player just acting as a peer in a remotely-hosted game). That could well be more effort than making the game in the first place, so it can be difficult to justify.

I'd say: who cares? If some people hack the game, let them. If you have a global hi-score board, yep, it'll get hacked. Often games just show scores for you and your friends, or other people with similar scores, rather than just the top scores, so obviously fake top scores never appear anyway. You can also moderate your scoreboard so obviously fake scores (e.g. 9999999999) get deleted.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)