Schedule and send SMS

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • I'm trying to build a game that takes place over the course of weeks or months so I want to be able to send the user a message when it's time to check back in on the game. I'm guessing I have to do that on my server or use a service like Twilio. I can't find any information on how to integrate something like that with Construct. Does anyone know how to do this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There´s two options

Local notifications

You can schedule a local notification to be delivered whenever. If you know that in 2 weeks something happens, you can do just that. The thing is though you need to know the duration beforehand. This should work well for games where you build something and it takes X hours to build.

Push notifications

You have a server that sends these out when needed. So you can say, when a player does his turn, you can send a notification to his opponent. The duration doesn´t matter in that case.

Afaik you don´t need a server for local notifications since they are stored on the users device. For push notifications there are various services like onesignal. Either way I´m not sure how exactly they work and if there are working plugins available.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)