How do I scale the project properly? Tile-set and HD 2D sprite scaling issues.

1 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Each tile 64 by 64 pixels - Ultimate Tile Set for your awesome games
  • Project file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vvKYcSNE3u3rjmNMuGAaUUuR2NWh6579/view?usp=drivesdk

Can someone help me with this? I cant figure out how to scale the project to the proper look.

The project was initially in a 400x225 viewport, with the PlayerCollision being 16x30 and PlayerGraphics scaled way down to fit that, and the tiles (not my tilemap) being 16x16.

However, since I imported my own tilemap (200x200) and my final artwork (627x870 - but downscaled in C3 to 20% - btw should I downscale in C3 or outside? Does it affect memory to have the source image smaller?) Additionally, I wanted the viewport to be fullHD (1920x1080)

Needless to say, everything's messed up now, especially the physics (player feels so much heavier, and I'm not sure if I should be increasing all the numbers to fix that or if there's a more efficient way to do this)

Then there's the tilemap problem. As mentioned, it's 200x200 per tile and I figured out how to tile it properly in C3 but it's too big still. So unless I scale everything up and increase the viewport size to say 3000x3000 or something, it no longer tiles properly. I want to scale it down, but when I try to do so a lot of problems arise so I need help with that as well. Should I be scaling it down outside C3? If so, by what percentage? I'm a bit lost to be honest.

Here's everything's proportion to one another

Here’s what it looks like currently

Would very much appreciate some help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)