How do I Run HTML5 Local? (C3)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi!

I see this for old topic:

It's a fundamental restriction of browsers. What are you trying to do? Why can't you use NW.js? That is the best answer.

It's a fundamental restriction of browsers.

Ashley, how can this limit be circumvented? (C3)

If you say can not, I will be very surprised!

There is a lot of software that gives us a local executable HTML5 file!

With photos and audio and, etc!

(I need to export game as a html 5 game, and after import it in android studio (webview) )

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For yourself you can just start a server with Python.

For others use Nwjs, or the Windows Wrapper.

Oddly enough if you upload it you can then install it as a pwa.

• (I need to export game as a html 5 game, and after import it in android studio (webview) )

This is what the Cordova setup does for you.

• The limit of being unable to run projects on the file: protocol cannot be circumvented. It is there for security reasons. However it should not matter. Use the Cordova exporter for Android/iOS, the Windows WebView2/macOS WKWebView/NW.js exporters for desktop, etc. and everything will work. If you still want to test a HTML5 export locally, as mentioned you can use a local web server too.

• For yourself you can just start a server with Python.

For others use Nwjs, or the Windows Wrapper.

Oddly enough if you upload it you can then install it as a pwa.

Hi newt!

Thanks for answer!

I know all of you say, but I only want with double click on index.html the game run!

• The limit of being unable to run projects on the file: protocol cannot be circumvented. It is there for security reasons. However it should not matter. Use the Cordova exporter for Android/iOS, the Windows WebView2/macOS WKWebView/NW.js exporters for desktop, etc. and everything will work. If you still want to test a HTML5 export locally, as mentioned you can use a local web server too.

Hi Ashley

why this limit just for construct?

and another software create HTML5 file don't have this limit?

• It's not a limit for Construct, it's a limit built-in to browsers. For security reasons all sub-resource requests on the file: protocol count as cross-origin, as if they came from an entirely different website. Often that means requests fail or security restrictions block features from working.

Some simple tests or more feature-limited engines might not have any issues, but Construct has a sophisticated engine with a wide range of features, and the browser security restrictions mean it always gets blocked. However as I said it shouldn't matter: if you want something to double-click and run, use a desktop exporter.

• It's not a limit for Construct, it's a limit built-in to browsers. For security reasons all sub-resource requests on the file: protocol count as cross-origin, as if they came from an entirely different website. Often that means requests fail or security restrictions block features from working.

Some simple tests or more feature-limited engines might not have any issues, but Construct has a sophisticated engine with a wide range of features, and the browser security restrictions mean it always gets blocked. However as I said it shouldn't matter: if you want something to double-click and run, use a desktop exporter.

Oh, thanks Ashley!

you don't have any idea for using games made with construct in android studio?!

• Use the Android exporter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)