How do I rotate orientation to 3D camera

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hi everyone, I've been banging my head against this one for awhile and finally decided to see what i'm doing wrong.

no matter what i tinker with i seem to always be at a 45 degree angle to the object..

i have looked at various examples and i can't seem to find it. the frogger example seemed close but because it's strictly oriented as it is, it didn't appear to help me. I imagine it's something simple

If I wanted to pan left and right around the center object.. how would that be done? this is where I'm trying to go with this.. to be able to shift my perspective keeping the same relative distance / elevation from the player object.. but i'll start with just being able to change the fixed angle and move from there.

Thanks!

Caleb

• Bump. Is this something that is tricky for most other Construct 3 users? I've been afk with Construct 3 forums so with so much new 3D stuff, I can imagine like many others, 3D in Construct opens up a lot of new parameters that are just not easily relatable.

I still know 2D fine and that's great, but there are some really exciting 3D things going on, but there's not a lot of comprehensive tutorials yet on how to work with the latest 3D camera and features.. new stuff coming faster than youtubers can produce comprehensive videos.

I look at the demos and while they work and do things, it feels like there's a pretty big leap from knowing Construct 3 in 2D and reading the events these demos include and understand how the developer knew what values do what and how to make them behave in very specific ways.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump. Is this something that is tricky for most other Construct 3 users? I've been afk with Construct 3 forums so with so much new 3D stuff, I can imagine like many others, 3D in Construct opens up a lot of new parameters that are just not easily relatable.

I still know 2D fine and that's great, but there are some really exciting 3D things going on, but there's not a lot of comprehensive tutorials yet on how to work with the latest 3D camera and features.. new stuff coming faster than youtubers can produce comprehensive videos.

I look at the demos and while they work and do things, it feels like there's a pretty big leap from knowing Construct 3 in 2D and reading the events these demos include and understand how the developer knew what values do what and how to make them behave in very specific ways.

Add me on discord ironside#6435

I have been working in 3d the past few weeks, we will try to figure it out :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)