Rolling Boulder

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hello,

I have question does anyone have a good way to make a boulder roll down a platform? I can get it to roll initially, but cannot get it to move after that. I tired using the simulate control with a invisible detector to trigger the control change, but nothing happens.

• I suggest that you should use the physic for the ground and boulder.

The ground will be Immovable and Prevent Rotation.

The gravity will do its job :)

• Hello,

I have question does anyone have a good way to make a boulder roll down a platform? I can get it to roll initially, but cannot get it to move after that. I tired using the simulate control with a invisible detector to trigger the control change, but nothing happens.

To apply rolling force to an object you need to use the apply torque force so it spins the boulder if is on a horizontal plane.

if is a slope platform the physics behavior should do its job.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the replies, I'll try to figure it out with the physics. I get the concept but the boulder just sits there, gravity doesn't do anything, or applying torque. Anyways i'll try and figure it out.

Thanks

• Thanks for the replies, I'll try to figure it out with the physics. I get the concept but the boulder just sits there, gravity doesn't do anything, or applying torque. Anyways i'll try and figure it out.

Thanks

Make sure the object you have doesn't have also solid or platform behavior on it

Also on physics settings set boundary to circle and make sure the Unmovable Object setting is disabled. or not ticked. if u do all right then it should work. try also look at C3 physics example that comes with C3.

• Hello,

Thank You very much, it makes sense now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)