How do I make RNG Buttons with increasing worse odds the more the player clicks on it with mouse?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello again.

I know how to create RNG on a button, however I do not know how to make increasingly worse odds the more that you click on a button. Ideally I would like to program a button that has a hard cap of being only able to be clicked 3 times and that button becomes locked. Each time the player clicks on the button, the button picks a number from a sequence and depending on the number, the player gets a good or bad result. The odds get increasingly worse the more the player clicks on the button.

How do I do this?

• For example:

Variable odds=50

On button clicked 

.. If random(100)<Odds : // success
    .. Else : // fail

.. Subtract 10 from odds

Every click will reduce the odds by 10%. Starts at 50%, and after 5 clicks will be zero.

• is that a global or instance variable?

• Can be global, or it can be an instance variable on the button for example.

• ah thank you

• I gave it a go and I couldn't really understand it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • random(100) returns a random number from 0 to 100.

random(100)<50 condition would mean 50% chance.

random(100)<20 condition is 20% chance.

random(100)<1 condition is 1% chance.

By changing the number you can change the odds.

• When writing random(100)<50 the odds come out as either 0 or 1 and not between 0 or 100. Not having the <50 seems to be working out although the numbers come out as decimals. So I don't know if they're subtracting from the variable or not.

• This is an evaluation

Basically it means "Is the value generated by random(100) less than 50?" and it's either true (1) or false (0).

• Again, the results always come out as 0 or 1 when the variable is set to Random(100)<50. So it doesn't make a difference. Also how can you set something as true or false when the variable isn't a Boolean?

• Again, the results always come out as 0 or 1 when the variable is set to Random(100)<50

That is exactly how it's supposed to work.

Also how can you set something as true or false when the variable isn't a Boolean?

A boolean is in essence just a 1 (true) or 0 (false).

Your code is wrong because you already do the comparison in random(100)<50

And then compare the result of the comparison again with <50. Either you do

Set Odds to random(100)

Odds <50 / Odds >50

OR

Set Odds to random(100)<50

Odds = 0 / else

• Okay I got that working, but how do I then get it so that odds get smaller on each click until it basically hits 0 and then does nothing when you press the button? Also is there a way to change the rolls into whole numbers instead of decimals?

• Put the odds in a variable that you decrease every click.

• Is this correct?

• Not quite. Try it like this. Odds start out at 100% so the first click will always result in success. After 10 clicks the odds are at 0% so a click will always result in failure.

Think of it like a dice roll. You need a 6 which means the odds are at ~16.67%. You roll the dice, if it lands on 6 it's success (1) if it lands on anything else it's fail (0)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)