How do I repair a corrupted project file with the error "cannot find behavior type 'Pin'"?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • I have a folder-based project that has gone corrupt for some unknown reason. Not sure how or when, unfortunately - it's a bit old, and C3 projects seem prone to becoming corrupted for whatever reason. For all I know the original cause of the corruption has now been fixed.

Edit: I made the mistake of trying to open an unzipped .c3p file as a folder-based project. Zipping it back up and changing the extension to .c3p allowed it to be opened.

The console error is this:

main.js:895 [Project] Exception opening: Error: cannot find behavior type 'Pin'

at d.V4b (projectResources.js:827:276)

at d.Ha (projectResources.js:885:79)

at d.p3b (projectResources.js:1425:11)

at async Promise.all (/r361/index 0)

at async d.ovb (projectResources.js:1380:427)

at async d.PLc (projectResources.js:1378:315)

at async Promise.all (/r361/index 1)

at async d.v4b (projectResources.js:1856:172)

at async d.knc (projectResources.js:1855:439)

at async zpa (main.js:896:412)

Can anyone suggest how I might repair this? I wasn't using source control for this particular project because it was a bit of a throwaway anyway, but I'd still like to take a look at it if it can be recovered.

Tagged:

• You are opening it in the new beta version of Construct3 r361.

Try older versions using this link, which looks like this.

editor.construct.net/r350

editor.construct.net/r340

editor.construct.net/r***

If it opens, you can save it to a "*.c3p" file and open it in the new version.

• Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly no luck opening it with older versions either. I think my poor project is history. It's not a big loss, but I think I'll take this as a sign and move on for awhile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can open project.c3proj file in Notepad and check which version it was saved in, for example:

"savedWithRelease": 22500

Then try to open the project in that C3 release, in the example above it's r225.

If it opens, find the Pin behavior and remove it.

• Thanks for the helpful suggestion - as it turns out, compressing it to a zip and then renaming the extension to .c3p allowed me to reopen it, which absolutely screams user error on my part (I assume I unzipped it at some point for some reason - it's a very old project.) Well, it wouldn't be the first time I have committed libel against Scirra... I'm just going to go correct my original post now... thanks for the suggestions, folks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)