How do I record gameplay in browser without stutter?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I'm trying to make a video of my game demo, now I know it's got quite a large layout (level is 8192 x 8192 1920x1080 viewport), but it runs smooth on the devices I tested, including a 2 year old Android tablet and iPhone 7.

Recording the gameplay is the issue, I'm pulling my hair out here.

I tried OBS Studio, Windows Game Bar, Radeon Relive, and even the C3 built-in recorder.

But when I start recording, the video produced has stuttery frame rate when I drive around the map. Videos come at different fps as well; Windows Game Bar for some reason uses half of your monitors refresh rate as the max fps. Many videos by different recorders also show different fps rates in the Windows Explorer details pane. E.g. 59.97 and I believe some other weird fps like 60.27 or 72.45 or something along those lines.

I've got a pretty good rig (desktop) and my monitor is 144hz and I strongly doubt that's the problem.

I ready some other older topic with people experiencing a similar issue recording browser based games. But I couldn't find any solution.

Does anyone know where to look to get a steady frame rate when recording a browser based game? I usually record from the preview mode in C3, but also tried uploading my game and record by accessing the url. But they give similar bad results!

• OK, I decided to make a video of what I have so far, it shows the 'stuttering' when you drive the vehicle.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Hopefully that'll give some more clues to anyone..

It's especially visible if you watch it fullscreen. It's also got audio, but you need to watch it on Youtube for that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's just a matter of having your OBS settings correctly configured and making sure your PC is capable of doing it without frame drops. Have an FPS counter running for your game while it is being recorded so you can see if it is getting throttled by the capture. If not, tweak the OBS settings until you get a smooth capture. Disabling the preview in OBS is a good start to get some fps back also.

Make sure your capture is the same frame rate as your game or you will always get frame drops.

TBH though your recording is acceptable already.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)