How do I make random events?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Hello guys, I'm trying to make a life simulator game and I want to add random events like ''You see a dog and it bite you.'' I don't know how to do that. I'm very new in game development and construct 3. I would really appreciate it if you help me. Thank you.

• Hey !

It's hard to answer without knowing much about your game or what exactly you're trying to achieve.

You could use an array with the events and select one randomly when needed. You could use a permutation table, or a probability table if events have differente probabilities of happening, from the Advanced Random object. You could simply use the choose() system expression if the list of events is short enough. It all depends on the complexity of your game and event list.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, first of all, thank you for answering my question! And if it doesn't bother you, I have more:)

In my game there will be a president and he will face some random events such as; an earthquake happened in your city or there is a virus and people need health service. These are just 2 examples and I will make more of it. Yet, I don't know how to adjust these random events. I want these random events to appear when the player reaches 5 million dollars, or when the player makes an investment in education etc. I hope I'll be clear this time. Again, thank you for helping.

• You can select random events with a function

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)