How do I prevent the share plugin from being blocked as popup ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hello everyone,

I’ve been looking for an answer here in the forum but can’t find any recent one.

So far the share plugin works amazingly well in my html5 games online.

However this month I have had comments that the sharing button is not working with newer iPhones (iPhones being iPhones, I know) looks like it’s being blocked as a popup, but I can’t really tell

Since I don’t own a new iPhone I am not sure what is going on… I have tested the share plugin on my iOS 17.11 and seems to be working ok . Android & pcs seem ok too

Has anyone experienced this or know any solution??

Thanks so much for any tips! Best regards,

JP

• Have you tried checking from the emulator?

You didn't give a link to a site where we can check?

• igortyhon Thanks for your answer. I did use an emulator and I get the message from the browser (safari and chrome) if I wanted to allow the popup window to be open.

I didn´t have this problem before, maybe the problem is how we target the url?

Unfortunatelly I cannot show the exact example that I have published, but here is an actual copy without logos and stuff...

badablu.com/desarrollo/construct3_browserShare

Here is the c3p file:

badablu.com/desarrollo/construct3_browserShare/browserShare.c3p

And here is a screenshot of my project. Everything seems to be working great, just can´t understand why only some mobile browsers / users see this as a popup and how to avoid that. Ashley maybe any ideas? I imagine this is on the browser side, but I imagine there is a workaround.

Thanks so much

• Checked in safari 17.1.2

The window works correctly.

I think your problems are related to some blockers in the player.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Share plugin does not open a new web page window, so it won't be covered by the popup blocker. However some browsers have similar rules about some features only being allowed in a user input event like a touch or click. It looks like your project already does that though, so I don't know what else might block it. Perhaps if it's used repeatedly some browsers might block further shares on the assumption it's being mis-used?

• Thank you very much for your kind answers, igortyhon and Ashley

However some browsers have similar rules about some features only being allowed in a user input event like a touch or click.

I think this was it... I had the links opening in new pages, sometimes blocked by some browsers (?)... When the user returned to my app, it seems that they needed to re-focus it with a first click (even on the share button) and then, click again for it to work.

Since the first click wasn´t working, my guess is that they started smashing the share button... you know, the harder you push the faster it´ll go . And yep, this is where I think the browsers started blocking it. Maybe, I don´t know, just asuming this user behaviour by trying to understand the comments.

Since this menu is on the first layout, I solved it by letting the links load in the same window. When the user goes back it just loads the game again, and starts fresh... this solved my problem :)

Not a technical solution, more a psychological one... but didn´t had any comments on this matter again.

Once again, thanks so much for your answers, and Ashley, I really hope I can thank you and your team enough for this wonderful software someday.

Wish you a great week, thanks again, JP

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)