Get a precise BPM of the Music playing

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Hello everyone,

Just a quick question there, for the game I'm making, I need to get the BPM of the Music actually in play, in order to do some effects & such on the screen, that would fit that BPM.

My question is pretty simple, does Construct 3 already has something to make that easier?

Or as nearly anything else, should I make the whole system myself from scratch?

Because if there's a function about that I've missed, I'll gladly take the information about where it is! If that can spare me some time

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is an audio analyser "effect" you can use to check the peaks around whatever frequency range would be applicable for the music you are trying to get the bpm for. if it was straight 4.4 dance music then 100-1000hz for the kick or around there would be easy. It would get a little more difficult for complex beats though you would have to work out some fancy algorithm (math ust be on line somewhere though. But yea audio analyser is where to start

https://editor.construct.net/#open=audio-analyser

• There is an audio analyser "effect" you can use to check the peaks around whatever frequency range would be applicable for the music you are trying to get the bpm for. if it was straight 4.4 dance music then 100-1000hz for the kick or around there would be easy. It would get a little more difficult for complex beats though you would have to work out some fancy algorithm (math ust be on line somewhere though. But yea audio analyser is where to start

https://editor.construct.net/#open=audio-analyser

Alright! I see, I'll check that closely, thank you very much appreciate ;)

If anyone else want to share also how he'd approach that, feel free to do so!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)