How do I Pre-Load THE GAME ? - (load levels ahead)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hey All,

I would like to make a Start Screen: "PRESS ANY KEY TO START" so I made a simple Flashing Text on an empty layout, so far so good and simple.

Now... what do I put on the Event Sheet to make sure:

IF everything on the other layouts (all the other levels) loaded, then I will make the text visible.

BUT the question is not about visible and invisible turn on and off, but more about the loading process.

In my other layouts, there are lots of random created sprites, that only created when I see the sprite

and I actually notice that they are drawn to the layout if I start it right away.

I'm not sure how to explain because of my bad English, but I'll try:

Is there a way I can make the creation of the random created sprites drawn BEFORE I start the layout?

So when I will start the other layout, I won't SEE the creation of the sprites (it is very fast but I can notice them).

Basically, loading ALL levels before I get to the level... is it even possible?

IF YES! this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

I don't know how to approach this, I don't understand how much control I have on the loading in Construct 3...

any help with EXAMPLE of screenshot or file will be VERY helpful and appreciated!

Thanks ahead! :)

• There is no option for preloading, you can preload assets into memory, but you cannot have events preload.

Instead of preloading, have the layout start with a non-transparent layer on top of everything. That layer is basically a loading screen, once everything is done generating, set the layer to invisible.

I use a global layer that I fade in on pressing the button, and fade out once everything in the next layout is done. With the fading it looks pretty smooth.

There is also this, but I don´t know if it covers your case. I´ve never used it.

scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/mmpreloader-layout-preloader-3620

• Thanks WackyToaster !

Your suggestion for a Global Layer sounds like a nice kind of "BLOCK" while loading,

I like this idea very much, I should give it a try!

Now I only need to find a way to make an actual loading progress instead of a fake loading screeen:

"Please Wait... Loading" but it's an alternative solution and a quick one as well.

• Are you using the 'Load image from URL' action for your random sprites? There is a 'On image URL loaded' trigger you can keep track of to determine how many times it fires/how many times total you expect it to fire.

• So I have this LAYER that shows "LOADING... Please Wait" above the layout + Fade out (destroy)

What is the right load / pre-load action I need to use use in order to tell the layout that it is FINISHED loading?

There are few loading options on SYSTEM, I'm not sure which one is the correct one.

What do you use and recommend WackyToaster?

• Are you using the 'Load image from URL' action for your random sprites? There is a 'On image URL loaded' trigger you can keep track of to determine how many times it fires/how many times total you expect it to fire.

Hehe, I just posted another question and saw your post... timing!

So that's where I'm kind of scratch my head since it's new to me... "On image URL loaded' is not what I'm looking for I think, not sure...

Because I'm not loading from URL, but from my next layouts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What is the right load / pre-load action I need to use use in order to tell the layout that it is FINISHED loading?

That depends on what you do. For example, if you have a loop running "on start of layout, create 1000 sprites" you wait until that loop is done, then it´s "loaded"

• Is it also for Sounds and other things or sprites only?

That's what I'm not sure about, I want to load anything possible ahead.

I'm not using URL / WEBSITE so I don't need to load links or anything but in-game assets / materials that will appear on the level.

• It works for everything. The layout is running behind a loading screen, so you can wait for anything you want to be done before you hide the loading screen.

• Thanks WackyToaster I will give it a try! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)