Is possible to load others apllication localstorage.values?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I'm trying but still did not manage to do it. I just wanted to know if is possible. (but a "how to do" would be great anyways)

I'm trying to load the variable "life" in my other game when i hit the button load, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or is just not possible but It always missing the file.

edit: It works in construct, in the local host. It just dont work in exported version.

Tagged:

• kibaga.org/c3-example/file_uploads/index.php

Hi. Try this example. Will it work for you after exporting.

• I believe this may be possible in a web game, if both applications are hosted on the same server. You need to set the same "uniqueId" for both projects in project.c3proj file. Then they both will share the same storage.

• Sorry, I didn't understand the topic at all. I thought you just didn't have the save working correctly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Browsers sandbox most things, including storage, by origin (essentially the domain, plus protocol and port). See the Same-origin policy for more details.

In practice this means if your website runs on example.com, you can access anything else that happens on example.com, but not anything else that happens on other websites like on construct.net. It's an important security barrier to ensure things like other websites cannot steal your login details for other sites. It's possible to get other domains to intentionally share their information if they are specifically designed to do so, but it's technically quite complicated, and there are all sorts of privacy, security and anti-tracking hoops to jump through.

• Browsers sandbox most things, including storage, by origin (essentially the domain, plus protocol and port). See the Same-origin policy for more details.

In practice this means if your website runs on example.com, you can access anything else that happens on example.com, but not anything else that happens on other websites like on construct.net. It's an important security barrier to ensure things like other websites cannot steal your login details for other sites. It's possible to get other domains to intentionally share their information if they are specifically designed to do so, but it's technically quite complicated, and there are all sorts of privacy, security and anti-tracking hoops to jump through.

Understood...So It's not possible. Not even possible with another type of export? like NW.js?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)