Play one sound per letter

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Well of course, you need to do some customisation here, add an event that reset the text for example, you just asked for text that play a sound for each letter, now you need to adapt it to your needs

• Well of course, you need to do some customisation here, add an event that reset the text for example, you just asked for text that play a sound for each letter, now you need to adapt it to your needs

I made all the settings but it does not work

I previously attached the file, look at it

• you need to do some customisation here, add an event that reset the text

Did you put an action that actually reset Dialog text? Also I'd need to see where you put that "Go" signal

• > you need to do some customisation here, add an event that reset the text

Did you put an action that actually reset Dialog text? Also I'd need to see where you put that "Go" signal

• The "Go" signal makes sence, but the function itself won't be enough to reset the text if you didn't add the correct events, did you make sure to reset Dialog.TextLen to 1 when triggering the function?

• The "Go" signal makes sence, but the function itself won't be enough to reset the text if you didn't add the correct events, did you make sure to reset Dialog.TextLen to 1 when triggering the function?

I didn’t dump anything. I made it so that he could print a new tex again, namely what is in the function

• I think you don't get what I'm explaining, nevermind, I get other stuff to do right now, cya later

• I think you don't get what I'm explaining, nevermind, I get other stuff to do right now, cya later

forgive me sometimes I do not understand English well. I live in another country

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

all. I seem to understand you. I really haven't dropped it hahahahaha

Now everything works, but now it remains to solve the second point, namely, to decide how to contain three actions in two or one so that there is no trash

• Perfect you did it, now to compress the code you can give a parameter to the function and use it to change the text, check the manual :

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/events/functions

• Perfect you did it, now to compress the code you can give a parameter to the function and use it to change the text, check the manual :

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/events/functions

and even more possible? for example in 1 action?

• Here's another way of doing it...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

• Here's another way of doing it...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

the option is good but it will be much more difficult to adapt it

there will be many dialogues. lots of. and in order not to get confused, you need to do several text objects in order to separate dialogs, for example, when there is just a gameplay and the next dialogue will be in 20 minutes, you need to separate such dialogs. and then, you will always need some action to access this dialogue. And sometimes sometimes in one dialogue it may be that some text needs to be made slower, for example, surprise. "WHAT???" and similar effects.

And here is the effect when you press the entter so as not to wait for the text to be printed out and display completely very cool looking. I would like Tomycase to add such an effect to my project since I don’t know how to do it

• kop9000 you can just put it in a function...

I added a function you can call whenever you need to show dialogue. In this case I'm positioning the dialogue box in relation to the player, but you can pass X and Y in the function if you prefer or have a fixed dialogue position.

Also, I added an array with all dialogues and use the array X as a dialogue id for the elements that call dialogues.

Just try the example and check the code. Use space to start dialogue or advance it.

EDIT: I just read the bit about changing speed. You can do that passing the speed on the function if you want...

• kop9000 you can just put it in a function...

I added a function you can call whenever you need to show dialogue. In this case I'm positioning the dialogue box in relation to the player, but you can pass X and Y in the function if you prefer or have a fixed dialogue position.

Also, I added an array with all dialogues and use the array X as a dialogue id for the elements that call dialogues.

Just try the example and check the code. Use space to start dialogue or advance it.

EDIT: I just read the bit about changing speed. You can do that passing the speed on the function if you want...

Unfortunately, I can not fully see the project due to the fact that I have a free version of the program.

Your project is very good, but it seems to me that that Tomycase project is much easier for me. sorry if I offended you with this

I remind you that I would like to see in the Tomycase example an additional function that displays the full text when you press the space bar enter when the text was not preprinted

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)