My particles appear behind other objects, not where I want!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hi everybody, I have a problem I've seen in an older post, and it won't let me continue with the discussion so I have to start a new one.

I have a particle emitter that sprays coins behind a coin Icon. This Icon is over my UI header. I create the particles emitter but the coins appear behind the whole header, not just the coin Icon.

On the layout, the Coin is on the Z Index 59, a sample emitter on the 58 and the header background on the 52.

I also tried moving the emitter and the particles to the correct layer programatically... didn't worked. Tried moving them to the top on every tick, but the particles still appear behind the header... I even tried creating a new layer on the very top of the layout, but still the same.

In the old post they mentioned removing a 3D camera, but I'm not using one. I even tried adding and removing it! XD.

Anyone faced this problem lately?

Thanks in advance!

• It's difficult to guess. Check z-elevation settings on all objects. Check in Debug Mode that they are on correct layers, maybe some event moves them. Check that they don't have any blend modes or effects.

Can you can reproduce the problem in a blank project by copying all three objects there?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I feel so dumb... I just realized the particle object was on a family that gets z-ordered.

That's what I get for cloning Objects!

Thanks a lot for your help dop200! I started checking the layers and z-indexes on the debugger thanks to your reply!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)