Any one have experience with dialogues like in classic RPG games??

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Classic Snake
$7.99 USD
The small template with the good ol' Snake core logic inside.
  • Where to start to make advanced dialogue system for cRPG games?

I mean on upper Text NPC message and on lower Text / Texts player choose message

Tagged:

• What exactly are you having trouble with? It's not much different than any other clickable interactable object.

If dialogue is waiting for response

On 1 clicked, do something

On 2 clicked, do something

On 3 clicked, do something

On 4 clicked, do something

Although for most classic rpgs, they all actually do the same thing, which is to advance the dialogue anyway.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What exactly are you having trouble with? It's not much different than any other clickable interactable object.

If dialogue is waiting for response

On 1 clicked, do something

On 2 clicked, do something

On 3 clicked, do something

On 4 clicked, do something

Although for most classic rpgs, they all actually do the same thing, which is to advance the dialogue anyway.

I need to learn mechanics not for one question but whole conversation for each NPC.

Where store all texts for each NPC.

Better use event sheet only or JSON ?

Better use 4 text objects for each dialog option or its possible to use only one text object to display all 4 dialog options?

• I use the layout to store the whole conversation and a layer that I enable for input and disable the other lower layers. I move the text on and off the non scrolling layer with x -20000 being off. I have the text go bold if it can be clicked. All in all it has not been very easy to do a real dialogue. Some people say do it all in html. This is just my 2 cents.

• JSON is a suitable format for storing dialogue. You've got a lot of options here though so use whatever you're comfortable with. You could even store it in instance variables per npc if you want.

I'd use multiple instances of a text object for clickable responses. I'd use a separate text object for non interactive text though.

• Guys but where i should start, i found somewhere on forum examples?

• its possible to add to project .txt file with lines of text

and display randomly in game?

• Yes it is but add AJAX first to retrieve string from imported txt file.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)