How can one achieve something similar to Inverting collisions?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Hello, I am trying to switch between climbing and jumping. The jump and climb actions are defined in their respective group. What I have done is when the player is overlapping the stairs, I enable the climbing group else I enable jumping.

However, what is happening with this is that when the player reaches the tip of the stairs, it goes into confused state where it is overlapping but also has to switch to jumping and that transition is somewhat not smooth. Since overlap is checked every tick, I was checking if there is a way to check for collisions and invert to make the same thing happen. How can I achieve this and make it smooth?

• does it work if you take physics out of the equation?

• does it work if you take physics out of the equation?

Physics is required in my case. It is working even with physics. It is switching from jumping to climbing and vice-versa, however, sometimes that switch is not smooth as the player tries to cling on the stairs when I press the up key. Please note jumping and climbing both happens with up arrow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I understand correctly: You are trying to jump off the stairs and kind of regrab them at the same time?

Give the player a CD timer for one of the states.

Essentially just a boolean that says canStairs = true. Add canStairs = true to the Condition to start climbing stair. When you exit stairs - by jumping or however set it to false.

Create a condition where if canStairs = false - wait 0.3s (or whatever time works) then set it true again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)