Objects stuttering on an almost blank project

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hey there,

Today I tried to get rid of the "scroll to" behavior, as it's completely still and lacks quite a couple of properties I wish to have. I decided to create a camera object that follows whatever I want it to follow. However, by doing this, I realized that objects in the game are stuttering, and they're doing so quite a lot even on an almost blank project. I have no idea where this is coming from, but I would like to get rid of that, obviously.

Here's a tiny project that I made, with an emphasis on the object stuttering upon moving: drive.google.com/file/d/1uIAaiE4YJnC7tYHif1njhjRG1oydGE5j/view

and here's a video of what I see on my screen: youtube.com/watch

Obviously I wish to get rid of this stuttering, but since I'm starting the project from scratch, it's hard to blame anything except the software itself. I tried to use different methods to move the camera, such as the "move to" behavior, but the stuttering persists.

I'm at a loss here.

• The Google Drive link says that I still don't have access, did you share it correctly? I can't help much until then.

Personally I like to create a Lerp Camera instead of ScrollTo. Create an invisible camera object with ScrollTo. Then, as an event, Every Tick > Camera > Set Position > X: lerp(camera.x, player.x, 0.03) Y: lerp(camera.y, player.y, 0.03)

Note that the 0.03 on the lerp can be changed to change how fast the camera focuses on the target position (which for the example was set to player.x and player.y)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Google Drive link says that I still don't have access, did you share it correctly? I can't help much until then.

Personally I like to create a Lerp Camera instead of ScrollTo. Create an invisible camera object with ScrollTo. Then, as an event, Every Tick > Camera > Set Position > X: lerp(camera.x, player.x, 0.03) Y: lerp(camera.y, player.y, 0.03)

Note that the 0.03 on the lerp can be changed to change how fast the camera focuses on the target position (which for the example was set to player.x and player.y)

Yeah it is exactly what I did. Let me retry the link:

drive.google.com/file/d/1uIAaiE4YJnC7tYHif1njhjRG1oydGE5j/view

• For me it looks perfectly fine, I didn't see any stuttering. I don't know why this is happening for you though. Maybe the framerate/refresh rate on your monitor is slow?

Sorry I wasn't able to help

• After more testing, I saw the stutter happen once. I have no idea why this happens though. Just wanted to let you know it isn't just you.

• For me it looks perfectly fine, I didn't see any stuttering. I don't know why this is happening for you though. Maybe the framerate/refresh rate on your monitor is slow?

Sorry I wasn't able to help

The youtube video on my first post shows the stuttering I face. My monitor is a 240hz monitor, it should do the job. According to the debut layout, game also runs at 240fps.

• Also the stutter only happened for me once, it wasn't like the YouTube video. Maybe it has something to do with the player's bullet behavior? Try testing with 8Direction instead and see if the issue persists. If so, it's a camera problem. If not, it's a behavior problem.

• Also the stutter only happened for me once, it wasn't like the YouTube video. Maybe it has something to do with the player's bullet behavior? Try testing with 8Direction instead and see if the issue persists. If so, it's a camera problem. If not, it's a behavior problem.

The problem persists upon the platform behavior, as well as the orbit behavior. I actually noticed the stuttering at first on the orbit behavior, on my big project, before to realize that all moving objects, whatever the tool used to make it move, will stutter.

• What version of Construct are you using? Other than that, I have no idea how to help, this hasn't ever happened to me before.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)