How do I make this object bounce once when it falls?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • I'm not sure I'm applying physics correctly when I try to make these objects bounce when they fall, and need a bit of help.

Basically it's an array with a single object family that uses animation frames to set the color of the object. Gravity is set to make it fall. What would be the best way to make these objects bounce when they fall?

• I posted a simple loot bounce demo here. Not sure if that would work for you?

• I just read through your link and that is incredibly helpful. I'll give it a try, thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, so, I've been trying for two days to get bullet logic to work, and I've been having a lot of issues with it because the object it's colliding with is another of the same object. It would send them all shooting around the board, or sliding to the right, even with the angle set to 270. (I still think it might work, it's just beyond my newbie knowhow.)

So I did a simple move instead, creating two new variables to control which "dots" can collide and bounce. It's working, but it's not great. They hit and pop up like popcorn and I can't get them to go very high, or they fall and settle at various heights, skewing each new object that comes in afterward.

I'd really like a nice, smooth bounce instead of a jarring pop. I'm thinking I'll need to use physics, but I am not sure how.

This is what I have:

• Can you post a c3p file pls?

• Hello,

May be you should use (built-in) Behavior to avoid rewrite logic for gravity, if you don't want to use Physics… Use a Tween or, Platform (Behavior) like this : each time you collide, jump but jump fall down every jump…

Ex. file : dropbox.com/s/fla4r8v7iaen3pj/Bounce.c3p

• Thank you both. I'm pretty sure I have it solved but will post again if needed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)